Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Search-by-Distance-SMP (Read 26082 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Search-by-Distance-SMP

Reply #150
Uhm... I could try playing with it, it's supposed you extract features with essentia and then you use some models within Gaia to analyze such features. Maybe it's possible to do it in 2 steps, yes.

Because waiting for an update in the windows cross-compiling is not working very well......  ;D

Reply #151
Uhm... I could try playing with it, it's supposed you extract features with essentia and then you use some models within Gaia to analyze such features. Maybe it's possible to do it in 2 steps, yes.

Because waiting for an update in the windows cross-compiling is not working very well......  ;D
Definitely nope XD I would pay money for this.

Reply #152
https://github.com/regorxxx/Search-by-Distance-SMP/releases/tag/v4.2.0

[4.2.0] - 2023-03-04
Added
Changed

UI: tweaked and unified buttons weight and margins, adjusted to scale set and DPI.
    UI: minor improvements to readme sub-folders names.
    UI: cursor now changes when over a button.
    UI: cursor now changes while performing buttons drag n' drop. It now clearly indicates when a move is allowed or it's outside the allowed range.
    UI: drag n' drop now only works when the mouse is over a button position. i.e. both the functionality and position rectangle are disabled if the mouse is not on a valid position. Previously moving the button to a blank part of the bar would have simply sent it to the first/last position for ex. This is disallowed now, which makes drag n' drop a bit more intuitive and offers an overall more cohesive experience. It also respects orientation and reflow settings.
    Internal code cleanup of menus.

Removed
Fixed

UI: minor improvements to drag n drop behavior when mouse remains static and R. Click is released. Panel is redrawn immediately instead of waiting to move the mouse, current button remains hovered.
    UI: minor improvements to drag n drop behavior when R. Click menu is called in rapid succession. Panel is redrawn on the background now.
    Console: logging of null value not working properly (totally irrelevant except for debug purposes).
    Missing buttons' readme list.

Reply #153
https://github.com/regorxxx/Search-by-Distance-SMP/releases/tag/v4.4.0
v4.4.0 - Smart shuffle improvements

## [4.4.0] - 2023-05-08
### Added
- Smart shuffle: additional option to scatter instrumental, live and other tracks while respecting the smart pattern by Artist. For ex. if it can swap tracks without altering the Artist proportion for a given range of tracks, thus moving an instrumental track to another position to soft-limit the appearance of consecutive instrumental tracks. Same rationale applies for live tracks or other special conditions. This somewhat ensures any cluster of tracks is as diverse as possible.
- Smart shuffle: additional options to prioritize tracks by Rating, Play Count (original Spotify's behavior), Last played date, randomly...
- Tags: new menu entry on customizable button to edit raw JSON entry for every tag (in case advanced flags want to be edited, like combinations).
### Changed
- UI: additional info shown according to current settings on customizable button.
- Helpers: updated helpers.
- Console: multiple improvements when logging to file for FbMetadbHandle, FbMetadbHandleList, Error and unknown instances (totally irrelevant except for debug purposes).
- Console: menu entries are no longer logged to console after clicking.
- Descriptors: updated descriptors with multiple additions.
### Removed
### Fixed
- Tags: incorrect query parsing of multi-value tags, with combinations, if number of available values was lower than required.
- Tags: multi-value tags, with combinations (like MOOD), containing TF functions, were not using 'HAS' instead of 'IS' on queries to ensure multi-value tags are taken into consideration.
- UI: tooltip was not showing some settings forced by the current recipe and using the properties instead. Only affected the 'Method' line.

Reply #154
https://github.com/regorxxx/Search-by-Distance-SMP/releases/tag/v4.4.1

[4.4.1] - 2023-06-27
Added
Changed

Buttons: after a query error, input box is shown again with last input to fix the error and retry.
    Remove duplicates: when removing duplicates, tracks left for comparison are now preferred by a configurable TF expression. By default higher rating and not live tracks is preferred. This is apart from the forced query filtering (which may result on this feature being irrelevant in some use cases). Delete '[foobar_profile]\js_data\presets\global\globQuery.json' and '[foobar_profile]\foobar2000\js_data\presets\global\globTags.json' files after installation.

Removed
Fixed

Buttons: setting the forced query always returned 'Query returns zero items on current library.' error, for any query. Bug introduced on 4.0.0.
    Buttons: crash while editing a tag directly in JSON. Bug introduced on 4.4.0.
    UI: tooltip flickering while pressing Shift/Ctrl over a button in icon-only mode.

Reply #156
https://github.com/regorxxx/Search-by-Distance-SMP/releases/tag/v4.5.0

[4.5.0] - 2023-07-28
Added

Selection manipulation\Shuffle: new sorting bias settings. Key (sorted from 12A to 1B), Key 6A centered (starting from 6A). Using these is like merging Harmonic Mix (consecutive tracks should have similar keys) and Smart Shuffle.

Changed

Configuration: ALBUM ARTIST is now used instead of ARTIST by default (on new installations). This ensures better compatibility with classical music, where the artist is the actual performer but the album artist is the original composer/artist. To apply the change on existing installations, delete '[foobar_profile]\js_data\presets\global\globQuery.json' and '[foobar_profile]\foobar2000\js_data\presets\global\globTags.json' files. Further configuration may be needed via menus.
    Descriptors: updated descriptors with multiple additions and improvements for Folk and Progressive Rock music.
    Descriptors: improved debug checks for the genre/style graph.
    Helpers: updated helpers.

Removed
Fixed

Fix for non standard hyphen chars on path names.

Reply #157
https://github.com/regorxxx/Search-by-Distance-SMP/releases/tag/v4.6.0

[4.6.0] - 2023-09-20
Added
Changed

Descriptors: updated descriptors with addition of 'Electrorock', 'Sephardic', 'Classical Sufi' and 'Electronic Sufi'. New 'Progressive Psychedelic Fusion XL' cluster.
    Helpers: updated helpers

Removed
Fixed

HTML: fix broken rendering due to file path change.
    Cultural Regions: name replacers not being used at some stages of the code.

Reply #158
https://github.com/regorxxx/Playlist-Manager-SMP/releases/tag/v0.6.2

[0.6.2] - 2023-09-25
Added
Changed

Documentation: updated readme PDF to be up to date with all latest changes.

Removed
Fixed

UI: wrong tooltip on folder button.

Reply #159
https://github.com/regorxxx/Search-by-Distance-SMP/releases/tag/v4.7.0

[4.7.0] - 2023-09-25
Added

Cultural Regions: new artist cultural filter -for the customizable button- which allows to output only tracks by artists from same country, region, continent or worldwide. There is also an opposite version to output from different regions. 'LOCALE LAST.FM' tag must be set on files, or World-Map-SMP installed (its database is used).
    Cultural Regions: new genre/style cultural filter -for the customizable button- which allows to output only tracks whose genres/styles originate from same region, continent or worldwide. There is also an opposite version to output from different regions. No need for external scripts.

Changed

Themes: now also save the ISO country code from selected track when created (to be used with the new cultural filter).

Removed
Fixed

Tags: filters using queries related to genre/styles (influences filter) were not working as intended for multivalue-tags.

With this update a new set of filters become available to manipulate playlists by cultural links. Either belonging to same group or forcing another group.

Example:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Reply #160
Next version will have configurable tags (+weight) for cultural related tags. One for artist's country and another one for genre/style's cultural region.

This will allow to finetune playlists a bit more than using the filters added above, giving scores according to cultural distances. For ex. to prioritize similar artists from same continent (without totally discarding artists from others). Data will be retrieved from tags or the World-Map-SMP script (which also extracts data from Bio panel).

The genre/style version is a bit more complex since a genre's origin may be found on multiple regions at the same time (and also is independent of the artist's origin). It uses the cultural map added on previous versions, so every genre on the graph is there too.

Reply #161
https://github.com/regorxxx/Search-by-Distance-SMP/releases/tag/v5.0.0

[5.0.0] - 2023-10-05
Added

Cultural Regions: new virtual tag named 'artistRegion' which uses artist's country data from 'locale last.fm' file tag or World-Map-SMP's database for comparison with a weight according to distance between cultural groups. i.e. a Spanish artist would be considered more similar to French than American artists. It can currently differentiate by country, region or continent. Note this is obviously not mean to be used along, since the genre similarities between different cultural groups/continents (i.e. Spanish rock vs American rock) are already managed by using the 'GRAPH' method or the new tag below, but it may come handy to prioritize tracks from the same region. This is the "tag scoring" version of the cultural filters 4.7.0. Check 'Tags & Weights: cultural' in the customizable button for more info.
    Cultural Regions: new virtual tag named 'genreStyleRegion' which uses internal genre mapping to cultural regions for comparison with a weight according to distance between cultural groups. i.e. instead of using the artist's origin, it uses the track genre's origin; therefore a blues track is considered similar -at least for this weight- no matter if it's played by a Japanese or American artist. This is the "tag scoring" version of the cultural filters 4.7.0. Check 'Tags & Weights: cultural' in the customizable button for more info.
    Configuration: new setting to invert the picking order for any method (i.e. taking tracks by lowest score first).
    Configuration: new setting to invert the sorting order for any method (independent to the picking method).
    Descriptors: updated descriptors with multiple additions: Kuduro, Semba, Kizomba, African Ritual-Tribal, Afro-Latin Ritual-Tribal, Asian Ritual-Tribal, Aboriginal Folk, Pre-Columbian Ritual-Tribal, Mbalax, Melodic Techno-House.
    Debug: cultural regions are now also checked to ensure every item on the graph is also included.

Changed

Configuration: pool picking submenu on customizable button is now disabled when using harmonic mixing.
    Configuration: expanded user configurable files at '[FOOBAR PROFILE FOLDER]\js_data\presets\global' with new queries. File will be automatically updated with new values (maintaining the user settings).
    Configuration: improved the user configurable files update check for missing keys.
    UI: menus to remap tags on customizable button now show the weight on the submenu name to easily have a general vision of all tag weights.
    UI: global genre/style filter property has been renamed to 'Filter for genre/style' (old setting will be lost).
    Tags: changed default weight values for tags. 'dynGenre' weight is now 15, 'artistRegion' weight is 5, 'genreStyleRegion' is 7, '. To apply these changes, restore defaults at 'Set Tags and weighting...'.
    Tags: changed default range values and scoring method for tags.'key' scoring distribution is LOGARITHMIC and range set to 3, 'date' scoring distribution is NORMAL and range set to 30, 'BPM' scoring distribution is NORMAL and range set to 50. To apply these changes, restore defaults at 'Set Tags and weighting...'.
    Tags: improved handling when some of the default tags are missing.
    Tags: improved logging when reference track does not have a tag.

Removed

UI: tags cache menu entry on customizable button has been removed (the setting is still accessible via the properties panel).
Fixed

Reply #162
Speaking of popups, I commented some stuff in helpers_xxx_so, so those popups don't show up anymore...
They are supposed to be taken into consideration to be fixed, but yep, they can become annoying if you don't want to. I will add a new file at 'profile\js_data\presets\global\' (along the other global config files), with a toggle to simply omit the popups.
That would be great.

Quote from: regor
Quote from: Terence
I've made some small modifications for my use in Search by distance...
Then you seem to have a "fix" for an incomplete commit of mine.
That 'bitmasksorterjs' was giving me an error message after a recent update so I commented it out (I have a single customizable button).

EDIT: To remove borders, just set buttons colors to -1 at properties. It also affects the highlighting. The code is already there for that, no need to touch the files. Just click ctrl when on the buttons color menu entry, as indicated at the header of the menu.
Thanks for the tip. I've tried it below.

I'm not sure about your rationale to changing the width of the button to 1 px. though. That makes the button invisible (?) Neither why you changed the coordinates in some functions at the buttons framework file, which affects all buttons (?)
I try things without understanding what I'm doing. It was to align the button with my toolbar, or adjust its width (the icon still appears). And make a lighter highlight. Here's what I'm doing:

Before:

X        X

After:

X        X

Reply #163
That would be great.
Probably on next week.

That 'bitmasksorterjs' was giving me an error message after a recent update so I commented it out (I have a single customizable button).
Next time report, it was a missing file. Fixed now!

I try things without understanding what I'm doing. It was to align the button with my toolbar, or adjust its width (the icon still appears). And make a lighter highlight. Here's what I'm doing:
You have a setting at the toolbar to use icon-only mode, there is no need at all to edit the files for that.

X

Now, if you record again the gifs with the new files and proper settings:
- Color button to none
- Icon-only mode
- Adjust scale if needed

Then maybe I may offer an alternative highlighting behavior. Right now it mimics the one at win for the native buttons.

Reply #164
I was already in icon-only mode and at scale 1 (0.93 by default).

I'm not sure my layout is worth the hassle (and I'm fine like that). To find out if I understand the settings correctly, and if I'm doing what you say, I did a step-by-step. You can skip to the end, but there are two comments.

Reply #165
5. Nope, because the background thing is provided by win theme (or in your case Wine theme applied to foobar), so then you can not customize the button itself. Only when you override the theme you can change the color and transparency. (I may rename it to "themed buttons" or something like that). You must use no background buttons.

7. As far as I see you need some kind of way to apply a manual offset to the button, which would work on any system. I can provide that for the entire toolbar (it's somewhat trivial), adding it as a config per button is too complex. For ex. forcing the bar to start some pixels to the left and top.

8. If I understand, the panel is paint to gray even if you set pseudo-transparency and there is no color on the bar. That's a SMP or DUI/CUI bug though... Does that happen with a blank panel? That is not how it works, if you have no background then the color should match the black or white theme. Otherwise you may set the bar color to match your desired color...

Also set the 'Edge style' of the SMP panel to none. With both settings, it works fine in 1.6 in CUI (latest versions). There was a bug related to this some time ago now fixed. Check it.

Finally I see the highlighting color may not match in dark mode. Note the color is provided by the windows theme; unless you use 'no background buttons' in which case it's white (mouse over) or black (clicking). I could also provide some settings for that, which I think would complete all the available customization for buttons.

Reply #166
5. The linux Wine? I'm on Windows 10 + Columns UI 2.1.0 (which is also why I think I don't need those SO features popups...)
"You must use no background buttons.": okay, that's what I was doing before in my first post.

7. I don't know if my layout deserves settings especially for it... whether for manual offset or highlight color. I'm already happy with my little changes (what I showed you at the beginning). I can go on like this.

8. buttons_toolbar.js + pseudo-transparency enabled: yes, the background color is light or dark gray depending on the theme (like the toolbar). Even if the menu displays "Set custom bar color...   [-none-]".    X
No, a blank panel (In-memory) is white or ~black (even with pseudo-transparency).    X

It seems I'm already on "No edge".

Thanks for the tips and explanations.  :)

Reply #167
Check latest commits.
- Buttons bar: added custom button hover color and customization.
- Buttons bar: added custom offset for buttons along X/Y axis.
- Buttons bar: added full size mode for buttons, which will use full Width/Height according to Y/X orientation.
- Buttons bar: renamed background buttons to 'Use themed buttons', which depends on the windows theme.
- Added setting to disable popups related to features not being supported by the OS (at startup). Found at '[FOOBAR PROFILE FOLDER]\js_data\presets\global\globSettings.json', by changing 'bPopupOnCheckSOFeatures'. By default popups are always shown. This setting will never be exposed within foobar, only at this file.

Reply #168
v5.1.0 - Full AllMusic genre support + toolbar customization Latest
https://github.com/regorxxx/Search-by-Distance-SMP/releases/tag/v5.1.0

Added

Auto-update: added -optional- automatic checks for updates on script load; enabled by default. Compares version of current file against GitHub repository. Manual checking can also be found at the settings menu. For buttons within the toolbar every button will check for updates independently (although the toolbar menu has an entry for batch checking). Setting may also be globally switched at '[FOOBAR PROFILE FOLDER]\js_data\presets\global\globSettings.json', by changing 'bAutoUpdateCheck'. It will apply by default to any new installed script (previous scripts will still need to be manually configured to change them).
    Descriptors: AllMusic support linking their genre/styles to the graph with substitutions. These tags are usually added by Biography script. It may be enabled at the tags remap submenu of the customizable button. Setting is applied per panel (i.e. shared between different buttons on the same bar).
    Descriptors: added 'Chamber Music XL', Orchestral Music XL', 'Ballroom Music XL', 'Poetry-Secular Music XL', 'Choral-Spiritual Music XL' and 'Choral-Orchestral Music XL' classical music style clusters.
    Descriptors: added 'Kawaii Metal', 'Branle' and 'Darksynth' styles.
    Buttons bar: added some safe-checks to panel properties.
    Buttons bar: added custom button hover color and customization.
    Buttons bar: added custom offset for buttons along X/Y axis.
    Buttons bar: added full size mode for buttons, which will use full Width/Height according to Y/X orientation.
    Added setting to disable popups related to features not being supported by the OS (at startup). Found at '[FOOBAR PROFILE FOLDER]\js_data\presets\global\globSettings.json', by changing 'bPopupOnCheckSOFeatures'. By default popups are always shown. This setting will never be exposed within foobar, only at this file.

Changed

UI: toolbar's color menu entries now show the color name along the menu entry. 'none' equals to no color.
    Buttons bar: renamed background buttons to 'Use themed buttons', which depends on the windows theme.

Removed
Fixed

Tags: improved logging when reference track does not have a tag.

Removed

UI: tags cache menu entry on customizable button has been removed (the setting is still accessible via the properties panel).

Fixed

Reply #169
With the new options and the three offsets, we can do a lot of things. I've done that:               
And updates will be easy now. Thank you so much.

Otherwise I saw this (but I haven't tried today's version yet):
  • I haven't found out what 'Active button color' is.
  • Idea for the Transparency option: indicate in the window that 0 = transparent, 100 = not transparent.
  • Colors > Use buttons' borders on hover: grayed out if 'Custom button color' is chosen, but remains in its previous state. The option is disabled, but you can choose its state when it's disabled. So what's the point of it being disabled?
  • Verified on a new portable installation: even after activating the Dyngenre method, some recipes with Dyngenre display errors.            For example: "Tag missing multi-value type (multiple, single): dynGenre"
  • Verified on a new portable installation: Debug and testing > Graph statistics error

Reply #170
I haven't found out what 'Active button color' is.
For animations. It depends on the button used.

• Idea for the Transparency option: indicate in the window that 0 = transparent, 100 = not transparent.
Makes sense.

• Colors > Use buttons' borders on hover: grayed out if 'Custom button color' is chosen, but remains in its previous state. The option is disabled, but you can choose its state when it's disabled. So what's the point of it being disabled?
When it's grayed out the setting is simply not used. Only when you can use it, you can change its state. If you set the buttons color, then you always have borders, thus there is no need  for a setting to show/hide them.

I prefer to left things without changing the state, because otherwise you have to reset things... It's the same in a lot of my scripts. Unused things are grayed out (but the setting is not necessarily reset).

Will check the other errors, thanks!

Reply #171
v5.1.1 - Full AllMusic genre support + toolbar customization Hotfix
https://github.com/regorxxx/Search-by-Distance-SMP/releases/tag/v5.1.1
## [5.1.1] - 2023-11-16
### Added
### Changed
- Buttons bar: transparency input popup now has a description for the values.
- Descriptors: improved debug routines to avoid situations where a susbstitution term doesn't exist in the graph (see below).
- Descriptors: improved pathfinder routines to throw -with a descriptive error- when a path is not found due to some genre not being connected to the graph (see below).
### Removed
### Fixed
- Descriptors: added 'Kawaii Metal' and 'Darksynth' styles to cultural map.
- Descriptors: crash in some cases due to malformed descriptor. 'Kuduro' genre was not added properly as substitution.

Reply #172
When it's grayed out the setting is simply not used.
The setting is used even though it's grayed out. It can have two different states when it's grayed out (on the button too, not just in the menu).

But that's really not important. Maybe I'm missing something.

Reply #173
My fault, I was confused with other setting. It should be configurable and applied in both cases, yes. Will be fixed.

Verified on a new portable installation: even after activating the Dyngenre method, some recipes with Dyngenre display errors.            For example: "Tag missing multi-value type (multiple, single): dynGenre"
Also this one. Will upload the fix on a few hours, with extra checks to ensure it doesn't happen again when editing tags by me or an user.

X

Reply #174
https://github.com/regorxxx/Search-by-Distance-SMP/releases/tag/v5.1.2

[5.1.2] - 2023-11-16
Added

Configuration: 'Restore defaults' menu entry at tag configuration.
    Configuration: base tags checking at init, when running the tool or editing tags in some way. A descriptive popup will show instructions about what to do if an error is found (see below).

Changed
Removed
Fixed

Buttons bar: border setting was grayed out when the buttons color had been set.
    "Tag missing multi-value type (multiple, single): dynGenre" warnings with dynGenre recipes, due to missing key at the base tags at properties. Use the 'Restore defaults' menu entry above for dynGenre tag to fix it on previous installations, new installations will use the right values automatically.