Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_enhanced_spectrum_analyzer (Read 47200 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: foo_enhanced_spectrum_analyzer

Reply #100
A couple of requests for Crossover to add perceptual frequency scale (which admittedly, AIMP uses Mel scale for spectrum analyzer) like this:

And the feature to display multiple channels (including Mid/Side channels) in a single view to this component

And what about the constant-Q transform spectrum analyzer (which I think it deserved a separate component) that uses a sliding DFT? Because I doubt that foo_musical_spectrum will be updated to support 64-bit version of foobar2000 (which I have despite I don't have this component)

Reply #101
Wow! I keep a and pretty simple layout with all I need for all music I have and visualizations (including Loudness Peakmeter 1.0.0.0) and decided to add this today and it looks good and functions well. Foobar(32) 2.1 preview 5-24. Thanks Crossover!
There's free cheese in every trap.

Reply #102
A couple of requests for Crossover to add perceptual frequency scale (which admittedly, AIMP uses Mel scale for spectrum analyzer) like this:
And the feature to display multiple channels (including Mid/Side channels) in a single view to this component

And what about the constant-Q transform spectrum analyzer (which I think it deserved a separate component) that uses a sliding DFT? Because I doubt that foo_musical_spectrum will be updated to support 64-bit version of foobar2000 (which I have despite I don't have this component)
The mel scale would be a nice option. I will keep that in mind. But that contradicts the concept I am working on at the moment cause the idea is to display the musical spectrum (notes) together with the frequency spectrum. I have attached a picture for this.
A function that displays different channels individually or simultaneously would also be a good option. For me personally, this function is not a high priority because I mostly listen to music that uses stereo channels.

Reply #103
Wow! I keep a and pretty simple layout with all I need for all music I have and visualizations (including Loudness Peakmeter 1.0.0.0) and decided to add this today and it looks good and functions well. Foobar(32) 2.1 preview 5-24. Thanks Crossover!
Thank's, happy to hear that.

Reply #104
@Crossover please consider extending frequency measurement, for example from C0 (16Hz) to A11 (56kHz) (as in musical spectrum)

Reply #105
@Crossover please consider extending frequency measurement, for example from C0 (16Hz) to A11 (56kHz) (as in musical spectrum)
OK, I will try to integrate this in the next version.

Reply #106

The mel scale would be a nice option. I will keep that in mind. But that contradicts the concept I am working on at the moment cause the idea is to display the musical spectrum (notes) together with the frequency spectrum. I have attached a picture for this.
A function that displays different channels individually or simultaneously would also be a good option. For me personally, this function is not a high priority because I mostly listen to music that uses stereo channels.

For the Mel scale and musical notes thing, I know the musical notes are narrower at lower frequencies when viewed in a Mel scale as I played around with audioMotion-analyzer demos, especially with X axis labels

About constant-Q transform thing (unrelated to this current component, but it might be related to probably a new component although it fits better with musical notes thing), I already know directly calculating the CQT is slow even with Goertzel algorithm (about 5 FPS on 1/24th octave resolution with bandwidth offset of 300ms on my sketch), unless it is calculated using sliding DFT (which is better suited for real-time spectrum visualizations)

Reply #107
How about a spectrogram display in-addition to spectrum display like showcqt visualization?

BTW, I made the spectrum analyzer similar to Crossover's component and it features linear amplitude scale, which is useful for easily visualizing peaks

Reply #108
Crossover, are you working on the new component (perhaps a constant-Q transform spectrum analyzer) or something else?

Reply #109
Any idea: what about the colors of the specturm based on the album cover. not technical correct, but a nice design!

Reply #110
I'd like to migrate as well to something more modern (and supporting x64),

How can I upgrade to something that has the imo nice visuals of foo_wave_seekbar, foo_uie_vis_channel_spectrum, foo_uie_vis_peakmeter_spectrum and foo_vis_vumeter?

Any chance these components will run in a kinda sandbox within foobar x64?

In other words can this component be configured to look like good very old spectrum analyzer?

Reply #111
@Crossover, what about non-power of two FFT sizes like 4800 samples (100ms at 48kHz samplerate)?

As my Web Audio API visualizers starting with 2020 have non-power of two FFT size support, one year after being moved on from built-in FFT to custom FFT (which you can do the same trick with foobar2000 component development department)

Reply #112
Idea for this component (since tbh, neither foo_fft_analyzer, foo_cqt_analyzer, nor Wamoc as a whole exists): 1/3rd octave mode and rainbow gradient in which colors corresponds to musical notes like this:
X

Image source: https://codepen.io/TF3RDL/pen/poQJwRW

Reply #113
@TF3RDL

Do these components exist?

FFT Analyzer (foo_fft_analyzer)
https://wiki.hydrogenaud.io/index.php?title=Foobar2000:Components/FFT_Analyzer_%28foo_fft_analyzer%29

CQT Analyzer (foo_cqt_analyzer)
https://wiki.hydrogenaud.io/index.php?title=Foobar2000:Components/CQT_Analyzer_%28foo_cqt_analyzer%29

Simple spectrum analyzer using custom FFT
https://codepen.io/TF3RDL/pen/VwENJbB

Constant-Q transform using Goertzel algorithm
https://codepen.io/TF3RDL/pen/poQJwRW

--------

It would be helpful if you could explain it in another thread.
SHURE SRH1840, SENNHEISER HD660S2, SENNHEISER HD 490 PRO, DT 1990 PRO, HiFiMAN Edition XS, Bowers & Wilkins P7, FiiO FT5, 水月雨 (MOONDROP) 空鳴 - VOID, Nakamichi Elite FIVE ANC, Bose QuietComfort 45 (made a Upgrade/Balanced Cable by myself)

Reply #114
Crossover, are you working on the new component (perhaps a constant-Q transform spectrum analyzer) or something else?
I'm still working on enhancements for the foo_enhanced_spectrum_analyzer.

Reply #115
Any idea: what about the colors of the specturm based on the album cover. not technical correct, but a nice design!
The idea ist really great. But I think this demand should be realized by default or columns ui. A function of the ui system itself or an external component can extract the main colors out of the front picture and inform the client components by messages about the extracted colors. 

Reply #116
I'd like to migrate as well to something more modern (and supporting x64),

How can I upgrade to something that has the imo nice visuals of foo_wave_seekbar, foo_uie_vis_channel_spectrum, foo_uie_vis_peakmeter_spectrum and foo_vis_vumeter?

Any chance these components will run in a kinda sandbox within foobar x64?

In other words can this component be configured to look like good very old spectrum analyzer?
No, the enhanced spectrum analyzer is an independent component. But I will add a draw mode for bars instead of a polygon, so that it can look like the well known spectrum analyzers.

Reply #117
Idea for this component (since tbh, neither foo_fft_analyzer, foo_cqt_analyzer, nor Wamoc as a whole exists): 1/3rd octave mode and rainbow gradient in which colors corresponds to musical notes like this:
[attach type=image]26249[/attach]

I will implement something like this:

It can also be configured to show notes and the frequency grid:

Reply #118
Of course, it makes lots of sense for you to wait for an update on this component before working on the next thing (implementing the sliding DFT algorithm as foobar2000 visualizations, especially the CQT/VQT part in which no components have done it before)

Reply #119
Of course, it makes lots of sense for you to wait for an update on this component before working on the next thing (implementing the sliding DFT algorithm as foobar2000 visualizations, especially the CQT/VQT part in which no components have done it before)
No, nothing concrete is planned after the foo_enhanced_spectrum_analyzer enhancements, only holidays  :))  I have a new idea in mind but it has nothing to do with the sliding DFT algorithm or CQT/VQT.

Reply #120
-snip-

No, nothing concrete is planned after the foo_enhanced_spectrum_analyzer enhancements, only holidays  :))  I have a new idea in mind but it has nothing to do with the sliding DFT algorithm or CQT/VQT.
So what's the idea? Perhaps linear/sqrt amplitude scale or even spectrogram view?

Reply #121
Thank you! 2.1 has been sorely missing a spectrum analyser and fab visualiser - this is great!

Reply #122
Just checked the page for a new visualizer called CoolEdit Nostalgia for another player MusicBee and I found out that this plugin has a feature to visualize FFT of separate channels, kinda like "dual-combined" channel layout setting on audioMotion-analyzer.

BTW, this MB plugin also have linear frequency scale option, which audioMotion-analyzer has (alongside Mel and Bark scales) and foo_enhanced_spectrum_analyzer doesn't (although I already requested the Mel scale for this foobar component).

Reply #123
[attach type=image]26249[/attach]

I will implement something like this:

It can also be configured to show notes and the frequency grid:

Can't wait for this! I was hoping it would have the bars added. I prefer that look much more than the "smoothed" slope look.
foobar2000  x64

Reply #124
Thanks for your awesome work! Adding the "bars" (shown above) will be awesome.