Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Biography Discussion (Read 230665 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Biography Discussion

Reply #925
New Version: Biography v1.4.0

Release highlights
Added
- summary: ability to disable compact style and show all genres, moods composers & members
- new layout preset: "Full overlay": shows text over an album art background
- now playing display
- lyrics & now playing drop shadow effect
- advanced radio stream parser
- language support for menu (simplified and traditional Chinese)
- customisable playlist interaction for follow selected item

See changelog for more info

Current feature set and gallery

Thanks for the full summary option.

Also the new delay load seems interesting. Time to play around to find the gold spot

Reply #926
This is off topic for WIlB's bio thread. And I have zero interest in talking about a vs b. Pick whatever works best for you or create your own.

I didn't meant it that way... but I guess you got a point here.

About WilB thread... I only compared against default UI and JSP3 as a baseline in term what to expect performance wise... to try to find out IF... and then Why I had performance issue while using HIS 'biography' script... only speaking about 'spider monkey' in the context that his script REQUIRE it... to run... and that 'album art' showed the exact same issue as 'biography'... but was easier to compare.
But out of context I get where you come from...

The goal isn't to compare... it's to troubleshoot an issue I have (I may suck at it tough)... and for that the best starting point was to compare different JavaScript panel... that lead to me test different things out... etc... etc... here I am trying to figure it out.

If that bothered you... no worries... sorry for the inconvenience... I only asked you since I saw you comment here... which was insightful btw... (if you were not bothered, and I took your comment the wrong way too... my bad)...

On the subject of doing it myself if I feel like it... totally agree... but part of the process of doing it itself involve looking, comparing, understanding and even discussing (with those willing)... what's already being done...
Cheers : )

Reply #927
@Air KEN
for Error in SMP/Bio delete brackets in path ...

Reply #928
@ASopH
Changed folder name. It went well. Thanks.
Library-Tree-v2.4.0 is no prpblem.

SHURE SRH1840, SENNHEISER HD660S2, SENNHEISER HD 490 PRO, DT 1990 PRO, HiFiMAN Edition XS, Bowers & Wilkins P7, FiiO FT5, 水月雨 (MOONDROP) 空鳴 - VOID, Nakamichi Elite FIVE ANC, Bose QuietComfort 45 (made a Upgrade/Balanced Cable by myself)

Reply #930
Sadly no, you must wait until @WilB corrects this...  ;)

Reply #931
Last release also breaks now playing/selection report.

It seems to happen only on startup; if I reload the panel, it works fine.

Reply #932
Also I would add Segoe UI symbol greater than 5.00 as requirement. On win 7 your icons are not properly displayed, since you are using symbols added later. 6.23 and 6.27 work fine. Have not checked 5.81. Not sure if this is also relevant on wine, but anyway better to state the version required so people don't get mad with a present font not working.

Latest font version can be downloaded here:
https://www.stephanpringle.com/corrupted-segoe-ui-symbol-font/

Reply #933
Even I have the same problem, even removing the brackets from the path ...

Error: Spider Monkey Panel v1.6.1 ({392959F8-511B-4CB0-92F3-48FA5500AAF2}: Biography v1.4.0 by WilB)
include failed:
include failed:
Path does not point to a valid file: .........\foobar2000\foo_spider_monkey_panel\package_data\{BA9557CE-7B4B-4E0E-9373-99F511E81252}\advanced_radio_stream_parser.js

File: names.js
Line: 3, Column: 1
Stack trace:
  @names.js:3:1
  readFiles@main.js:11:10
  async*@main.js:45:2

Reply #934
New Version: Biography v1.4.0

Release highlights
Added
- summary: ability to disable compact style and show all genres, moods composers & members
- now playing display

foobar2000 v.2 (x32)
DarkOne v4 by tedgo (Devian Art)
Spider Monkey Panel v1.6.1 by TheQwertiest
JScript Biography v1.4.0 by WilB

Thanks for the new version of the one-of-a-kind Biography!
Much appreciated, works like a charm with my setup!
Kind regards and have a nice day.
What is the opposite of music?

Reply #935
There should soon be a new version that fixes the advanced_radio_stream_parser issue.

@regor
Now playing/selection report: I couldn't seem to see an issue on start up either with the new or old method. With the new method bio might send both modes, and receiver would need to determine which. In fact I almost took the selectionMode out as the notification now includes the artist and album name which seemed to me to be better things to use.

I've added Segoe UI symbol requirement as you suggested.

Reply #936
Ehm... somehow I'm a fool. Don't know how but I replaced -without knowing- my find & play panel with a second bio panel. So yep, it was a bio panel. Just noticed it.

The crash happens with 2 bio panel after starting playback on a new track. Has not been able to find the exact steps, although changing tracks in a fast succession seems to trigger it. Other times it has happened just on normal usage, on first track I played on a session. I have not been able to crash both panels, but only once. It seems a single panel works fine.
Error: Spider Monkey Panel v1.6.1-mod ({DBD3A9AE-44BD-46F4-8733-7A4FA61B2904}: Biography v1.4.0 by WilB)
pth is undefined

File: panel.js
Line: 372, Column: 3
Stack trace:
  cleanPth@panel.js:372:3
  getList@panel.js:673:105
  on_playback_new_track@text.js:2123:27
  checkRefreshRates/this.focusLoad<@panel.js:318:27
  T@helpers.js:97:164
  w@helpers.js:97:384
  l@helpers.js:97:288

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

My other report was due to this thing. The second panel had a different selection mode, so I had biographytags notifications from the 2 panels, one contradicting the other. (I thought both came from the same panel due to a regression on last version) Solved ;)

Also you missed to remove some logging:
https://github.com/search?q=repo%3AWil-B%2FBiography%20allFiles.length&type=code

Reply #937
@regor

I still can't reproduce. But anyway, can you try putting the following in panel.js: line 372 to see if it fixes the issue:

Code: [Select]
if (!pth) return '';

i.e. put it at the very start of the cleanPth  function

Let me know it it all works properly.

Reply #939
New Version: Biography v1.4.1

Hotfix for v1.4.0

Fixed
- include issue with advanced radio stream parser
- pth handling issue

Release highlights: 1.4.x series
Added
- now playing display

Reply #940
BIG THX  :D

Reply #941
I have a problem with the skin i use.

I have two Biography panels one on the right and one on the left.

In the one on the left i access the options panel.

In the right one it says "option: see console"

In console i see:

Biography: the options html dialog doesn't appear to be available with the current operating system. All settings in options are available elsewhere: 1) panel settings are in panel properties; 2) server settings that apply to all panels are in the cfg file - default settings should be fine for most users, but can be changed by careful editing in a text editor. Common settings are on the menu.

What should I do to have access to the options menu in the right panel as well.

Reply #942
New Version: Biography v1.4.1

Hotfix for v1.4.0

Fixed
- include issue with advanced radio stream parser
- pth handling issue

Thx!

I finally upgraded my BIO and REVIEW panels from 1.1.3 to 1.4.1. Love the Wikipedia addition plus countryflags.

Two issues:
Everytime I do something in the configuration Filmstrip is enabled again? I specifically unclicked Filmstrip in the display settings, but everytime it enables itself again and do I have to unclick it again. How can I change this behavior?

I tried to create a rule for Arrow Rock Radio (https://stream.arrowrockradio.com/arrowrockradio) which sends the artist as "Arrow Rock Radio: ARTIST" in advanced_radio_stream_parser.js but I cannot get it to work.
I finally got the biography panels to work correctly by changing the server settings for %BIO_ALBUMARTIST% (and %BIO_ARTIST%) to "$replace($if3($meta(album artist,0),$meta(artist,0),$meta(composer,0),$meta(performer,0)),Arrow Rock Radio: ,)".
What code should I need to add to the parser file get the same result?

Reply #943
I have a problem with the skin i use.

I have two Biography panels one on the right and one on the left.

In the one on the left i access the options panel.

In the right one it says "option: see console"

In console i see:

Biography: the options html dialog doesn't appear to be available with the current operating system. All settings in options are available elsewhere: 1) panel settings are in panel properties; 2) server settings that apply to all panels are in the cfg file - default settings should be fine for most users, but can be changed by careful editing in a text editor. Common settings are on the menu.

What should I do to have access to the options menu in the right panel as well.

Problem solved

I changed the value from 0 to 1 in Show HTLM dialog...

Reply #944
@Defender

Arrow Rock Radio

Try inserting the following in the advanced radio stream parser located in foo_spider_monkey_panel\package_data\{BA9557CE-7B4B-4E0E-9373-99F511E81252}
This should work with default title format settings (options > server settings... > title format)

case 'https://stream.arrowrockradio.com/arrowrockradio':

// artist needs stream name removing
artist = $.eval('[$trim($replace(' + (typeof cfg !== 'undefined' ? cfg.tf.artist : ppt.tfArtist) + ',Arrow Rock Radio:,))]', focus, ignoreLock);
//console.log('artist', artist);

// title is correct except it's uppercase: including here means it goes through the titlecase converter
title = (item || '').trim();
//console.log('title', title);

break;

Filmstrip display setting should be retained & I can't reproduce what you're seeing. Please provide exact steps to reproduce. Unlikely possibilities are a bad foobar2000 shutdown or theme file set to read only.

Reply #946
@Defender

Arrow Rock Radio

Filmstrip display setting should be retained & I can't reproduce what you're seeing. Please provide exact steps to reproduce. Unlikely possibilities are a bad foobar2000 shutdown or theme file set to read only.

Arrow:
The code for Arrow Rock Radio works perfectly. I reverted the title format strings to the default. I wonder though what happens when a track is played that actually has a name in CAPS :-)

Filmstrip:
I use two panels. One panel Image+Text (default Artist view) and one panel with Text (default Album/Track). The situation I had was that if I change in Display one of the options Image+Text, Image, Text or in Layout  one of the options Top, Right, Left, Bottom, Full, Part
as a result Filmstrip is automatically enabled everytime (which I don't want). This also happened if I did not use the menu but middleclick to change things in the layout.

Testing this (including things like Reset zoom, Reload and Reset style I somehow managed to get rid of the unwanted behavior in one of my panels. The second panel however still enables Filmstrip automatically. BTW I don't have any Custom styles anymore.

On another computer (scale 250) I do not have a problem with a returning Filmstrip. Only difference between the two computers is that on the computer where I do have this issue I have experimented with styles earlier.

Reply #947

Arrow Rock Radio

@WillB

All of a sudden Arrow changed their artist string once more. Code analogue to your code to fix it is:

case 'https://stream.arrowrockradio.com/arrowrockradio':

// artist needs stream name and other useless stuff to be removed
            artist = $.eval('[$trim($replace(' + (typeof cfg !== 'undefined' ? cfg.tf.artist : ppt.tfArtist) + ',Arrow Rock Radio:,))]', focus, ignoreLock);
            artist = $.eval('[$trim($replace(' + (typeof cfg !== 'undefined' ? cfg.tf.artist : ppt.tfArtist) + ',PLAYING:,))]', focus, ignoreLock);

// title is correct except it's uppercase: including here means it goes through the titlecase converter
            title = (item || '').trim();
            //console.log('title', title);

break;

Reply #948
@zeremy
Thanks for the feedback. I've changed it for the next version

@Defender
Thanks for the update to Arrow Rock radio

Regarding filmstrip, I've put some custom styles in my layout, but so far I haven't seen an issue. If I encounter it I'll add a fix.

In the meantime are you sure you're not inadvertently clicking layout > filmstrip > top/right/bottom/left menu item which looks fairly similar and which does auto-enable the filmstrip? You could also try clearing panel properties (backup first if you made changes you want to keep) to see if that resolves the issue.