Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Tagger For Dummies ... (Read 3076 times) previous topic - next topic

Tagger For Dummies ...

Many times, when i go to my friends house, i like to see what music they have at their computers. Most of the times, i see a lot of MP3s (some WMAs also), and most of the times, they are untagged, partially tagged, or wrongly tagged. I personally use foobar2000 masstagger, and the godfather sometimes, but i was wondering, what tagging application to recommend to them that:

1) Its VERY EASY to use
(they are really dum/lazy to learn fb2k, and the godfather is as unintuitive as powerfull)
2) Can connect to freedb, to get most of the tags directly.
3) Allows renaming the files

thanks.

Tagger For Dummies ...

Reply #1
If it is only about ID3v1/v2, I would recommend ID3-tagit. That was my first tagger.

Tagger For Dummies ...

Reply #2
i would take a look, thanks roberto.

Tagger For Dummies ...

Reply #3
Mp3Tag.  I think it's simple to use.  And has the advanced more complex features there if you get into it.

Tagger For Dummies ...

Reply #4
ID3-tagit looks nice, surelly easier than tgf ... but still too much things to do (again, not for me, for the dumb users), for example getting the freedb info requires more steps than on fb2k. but it is the best alternative so far.

Tagger For Dummies ...

Reply #5
Mp3Tag.  I think it's simple to use.  And has the advanced more complex features there if you get into it.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=341390"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

well, i think Mp3Tag fills the bill so far. i don't know if there are easier ones, but i would try to "deploy" this one