Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_tradersfriend (Read 142663 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_tradersfriend

Reply #100
What is the format of those files? Can you edit their tags using the properties window in foobar2000?

foo_tradersfriend

Reply #101
What is the format of those files? Can you edit their tags using the properties window in foobar2000?

I've tried with both FLAC and lossless WMA files.  Yes, I can edit the tags using the properties window. This is really baffling to me.

foo_tradersfriend

Reply #103
It may help to remove existing track and disc number tags. Issues like that (and the user interface) make me want to rewrite this component from scratch.

foo_tradersfriend

Reply #104
It may help to remove existing track and disc number tags. Issues like that (and the user interface) make me want to rewrite this component from scratch.

Thanks, I tried that and it didn't resolve the problem. I also removed all the components except those absolutely essential for foobar to work and that didn't do it.  I guess my next step will be a complete uninstall, wipe the registry of any references to foobar and then do a basic install plus masstagger and tradersfriend and see if that works.

foo_tradersfriend

Reply #105
It won't. If you just want to set up a test installation, you can install foobar2000 into a different folder and configure it to store the configuration in the installation folder instead of in your Windows user profile (Preferences/General or just delete the user_profiles_enabled file from the installation folder).

foo_tradersfriend

Reply #106
It won't. If you just want to set up a test installation, you can install foobar2000 into a different folder and configure it to store the configuration in the installation folder instead of in your Windows user profile (Preferences/General or just delete the user_profiles_enabled file from the installation folder).

Actually it did work. I totally uninstalled foobar, including the directory and all settings and the reinstalled. Only installed those components absolutely necessary to work. Then I installed mastagger and tradersfriend and it worked fine.

foo_tradersfriend

Reply #107
That is really strange and absolutely not what I had expected. Too bad that we could not find the cause for the problem.

foo_tradersfriend

Reply #108
I have an mp3 that is 41MB, it is a live appearance of a group (41min). It consists of 8 songs. How can I tag this file with this component?

foo_tradersfriend

Reply #109
You will need to get or create a cue sheet first, so you can reference and tag individual songs in the MP3 file at all. When you have that, you can use the Live Show Tagger to extract tags from an text file describing the show - provided you have one and it is in a format that the component understands.

foo_tradersfriend

Reply #110
You will need to get or create a cue sheet first, so you can reference and tag individual songs in the MP3 file at all. When you have that, you can use the Live Show Tagger to extract tags from an text file describing the show - provided you have one and it is in a format that the component understands.

Thank you!

foo_tradersfriend

Reply #111
i am having the most difficult time with one particular show. Traders friend is not picking up any information from the text file.

Here is the beginning of the file:

Ween
July 19, 2008
Roy Wilkins Auditorium St. Paul, MN

Source:  AKG C 414b xls (AB hypers 5'ROC FOB, stand 12.5'^)  > Hi Ho Silver xlr's > UA5 (BM2p+ mod.) > JB3 (opti) @ 44.1 kHz.

Transfer:  JB3 > usb1 > Macbook > xNJB3 1.4.6 > Audacity 1.2.5 (track & fades)> xACT 1.59 (SBE, FLAC, verify, .ffp & .md5).
Recorded & transferred by Dean Lambrecht ( DLambrecht@earthlink.net )

Seeded by: empty

Disc one:

01.  Intro (0:21)
02.  Pork Roll Egg & Cheese (3:04)
03.  Spinal Meningitis (3:37)

etc etc etc

The only thing traders friend if picking up is the date of the show, and i think it is getting that from the filenames, rather then the text as it is in a different format.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

foo_tradersfriend

Reply #112
i am having the most difficult time with one particular show. Traders friend is not picking up any information from the text file.

Here is the beginning of the file:

Ween
July 19, 2008
Roy Wilkins Auditorium St. Paul, MN

Source:  AKG C 414b xls (AB hypers 5'ROC FOB, stand 12.5'^)  > Hi Ho Silver xlr's > UA5 (BM2p+ mod.) > JB3 (opti) @ 44.1 kHz.

Transfer:  JB3 > usb1 > Macbook > xNJB3 1.4.6 > Audacity 1.2.5 (track & fades)> xACT 1.59 (SBE, FLAC, verify, .ffp & .md5).
Recorded & transferred by Dean Lambrecht ( DLambrecht@earthlink.net )

Seeded by: empty

Disc one:

01.  Intro (0:21)
02.  Pork Roll Egg & Cheese (3:04)
03.  Spinal Meningitis (3:37)

etc etc etc

The only thing traders friend if picking up is the date of the show, and i think it is getting that from the filenames, rather then the text as it is in a different format.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

It is sensitive to format and space. Though your file looks ok, you might check to insure there is a space separating the period from the track title.

terry

foo_tradersfriend

Reply #113
I've saved the excerpt you posted into a text file and loaded it into the live show tagger. It didn't have any problems with it. Are you sure that it picks up the text file at all?

foo_tradersfriend

Reply #114
Terry, thanks, i checked on that. There is a space.

I've saved the excerpt you posted into a text file and loaded it into the live show tagger. It didn't have any problems with it. Are you sure that it picks up the text file at all?

Thanks for checking my file out. i'm not sure whatyou mean about whether it picks u the text file at all.

At first it was checking an ffp.txt file. And with that file it would use the first lines to fill in artist and venue (as i said earlier, i believe it is using the filename to get the date). So, what i did was highlight all the tracks in the left pane, right click, click Assign text file and browse to the correct file. And then nothing. Am i not doing it right? i've tried everything i could think of, removed all the old tags, autonumbered the tracks, and i don't know what else. Spent much more time with these files then it would have taken to type the tags in manually...but only becuase i want to know what's wrong so i can fix it next time.

Foosion, any help at all would be much appreciated. i really appreciate your time and work on traders friend.

On a side note, on other filesets that i have gotten to work, traders friend, pulls the venue from the text file, and foobar shows this information under Album on my playlist, but checking the file properties, this information is not actually in the Album Title field. Any way i could get the venue information to be the album tag?

Thanks again!

foo_tradersfriend

Reply #115
Thanks for checking my file out. i'm not sure whatyou mean about whether it picks u the text file at all.
I meant whether it finds it and automatically assigns the tracks to it, or at least adds it to the drop-down list at the top of the window.

At first it was checking an ffp.txt file. And with that file it would use the first lines to fill in artist and venue (as i said earlier, i believe it is using the filename to get the date). So, what i did was highlight all the tracks in the left pane, right click, click Assign text file and browse to the correct file. And then nothing. Am i not doing it right? i've tried everything i could think of, removed all the old tags, autonumbered the tracks, and i don't know what else. Spent much more time with these files then it would have taken to type the tags in manually...but only becuase i want to know what's wrong so i can fix it next time.
I don't know if you're doing something wrong or what, though I'd like to take a look at the complete text file in combination with the tracks. Please save the tracks of the show into an FPL playlist (you can use "Utils/Save as Playlist" in the context menu). Save it in the same folder as the audio files so that the playlist will contain relative paths, then put it in a Zip archive with the text file. You can upload the Zip file in the "Uploads - (f2bk)" forum in a new thread.

On a side note, on other filesets that i have gotten to work, traders friend, pulls the venue from the text file, and foobar shows this information under Album on my playlist, but checking the file properties, this information is not actually in the Album Title field. Any way i could get the venue information to be the album tag?
You cannot do this with foo_tradersfriend itself, but you can manually cut&paste the venue information from the VENUE tag to the ALBUM tag in the foobar2000 properties window. Alternatively, you could use the old masstagger component to set up a script that you can invoke directly from the context menu.

foo_tradersfriend

Reply #116
Foosion, here is the text file and the playlist as you requested.

Thanks again for any answers!

[attachment=4618:attachment]

Moderation: Moved the post into this thread.

foo_tradersfriend

Reply #117
I'd like to take a look at the complete text file in combination with the tracks. Please save the tracks of the show into an FPL playlist (you can use "Utils/Save as Playlist" in the context menu). Save it in the same folder as the audio files so that the playlist will contain relative paths, then put it in a Zip archive with the text file. You can upload the Zip file in the "Uploads - (f2bk)" forum in a new thread.

Done. Thanks for looking into this.

foo_tradersfriend

Reply #118
Foosion, here is the text file and the playlist as you requested.
Sorry for taking so long. The text file is encoded as UTF-16 which the plugin does not read. You can convert the file to ANSI using Notepad: load the file into Notepad, then use "File/Save as...". In the Save dialog, choose ANSI as encoding. Given the contents of the file, no data will be lost by this conversion.

foo_tradersfriend

Reply #119
Sorry for taking so long. The text file is encoded as UTF-16 which the plugin does not read.

Thanks so much for the reply. i've  been running into quite a few "strange" text files lately. This explains it. Thanks again.

Thanks also for the great plug-in. An incredible time saver.

foo_tradersfriend

Reply #120
First off, thank you very much for this tool.  It has been invaluable to me.

I am having an issue with a setlist.  Here's the snippet that is giving me trouble.

Disc 2
01. 4:30 AM (Apparently They Were Travelling Abroad)
02. 4:33 AM (Running Shoes)
03. 4:37 AM (Arabs With Knives And West German Skies)
04. 4:39 AM (For The First Time Today - Part 2)
05. 4:41 AM (Sexual Revolution)
06. 4:47 AM (The Remains Of Our Love)
07. 4:50 AM (Go Fishing)
08. 4:56 AM (For The First Time Today - Part 1)
09. 4:58 AM (Dunroamin, Duncarin, Dunlivin)
10. 5:01 AM (The Pros And Cons Of Hitch Hiking)
11. 5:06 AM (Every Strangers Eyes)
12. 5:11 AM (The Moment Of Clarity)
13. Brain Damage
14. Eclipse
15. 5:01 AM (The Pros And Cons Of Hitch Hiking) - 12 inch version

The track numbers and disc numbers are being assigned correctly (per the Tracks window), but in the Setlist window, only tracks 13 and 14 are getting names assigned correctly.  I assume it's because the track names start with a number, but I'm not sure what I should do to let foo_tradersfriend assign the names automatically.

foo_tradersfriend

Reply #121
I'm afraid you won't be able to do that with foo_tradersfriend. The process by which information is extracted is fully automatic and there are no options for it. The easiest solution in this case is to assign the titles using the regular properties dialog in foobar2000. Copy the lines from the text file to the clipboard (using any text editor you like). Select "Tools > Automatically fill values..." and set the source to clipboard and the pattern to "%%. %title%" (without the quotes).

foo_tradersfriend

Reply #122
I'm afraid you won't be able to do that with foo_tradersfriend. The process by which information is extracted is fully automatic and there are no options for it. The easiest solution in this case is to assign the titles using the regular properties dialog in foobar2000. Copy the lines from the text file to the clipboard (using any text editor you like). Select "Tools > Automatically fill values..." and set the source to clipboard and the pattern to "%%. %title%" (without the quotes).

Sounds good...thank you for the workaround.  Is this because the track name starts with a number?

foo_tradersfriend

Reply #123
Hey

Had a question...

We do a bunch of transfers and releases of older shows.. We tag all of our files by hand.. We have settled on a list of tags we use... Mainly to fuel a DB project that is coming down the line. I wanted to know if you could customize or we could customize your script to look at the TXT and add more tags than the tags you already do. below is a capture of most of the tags in our files.. All of this info is in the txt... let me know.. thanks again!

A:-)

Artist Name : Jerry Garcia Band
Track Title : Mission in the Rain
Album Title : jgb1975-12-17.fob.holwein.menke.motb.0093.flac24
Date : 1975-12-17
Genre : Rock
Composer :
Performer : Jerry Garcia
Album Artist :
Track Number : 09
Total Tracks : 15
Disc Number : 
Total Discs :
Comment :
<ANALOG AUDIENCE SOURCE> : FOB Master Cassette
<ANALOG LINEAGE> : 2 x Sony ECM-280 >> Sony TC-152  >> MAC
<ANALOG SOUND PRESERVATION> : MAC >> Nakamichi CR7a => Korg MR-1000 >> DSF [1-bit 5.6448 MHz Stereo] >> Korg MR-1000 => Korg AudioGate >> WAV [24/96]
<CATALOGNUMBER> : 0093
<CONTACT> : releases@motb.org
<ENCODING> : 24/96
<ENGINEER> : Bob Menke, Derek McCabe
<ENSEMBLE> : Jerry Garcia Band
<KEYWORDS> : Jerry Garcia;  MOTB; Bob Menke; Derek McCabe; Adam Egert; Reinhard Holwein
<LINEAGE> : MAC > Nakamichi CR7a > Korg MR-1000 > Korg AudioGate > WAV
<LOCATION> : Berkeley, Ca
<MASTERED BY> : Derek McCabe
<MASTERING NOTES> : Editing and Mastering: Derek McCabe
<MEDIUM STOCK BRANDS> : MAC =  2 x Maxell UD C90
<PRODUCER> : The MOTB Crew
<PUBLISHER> : MOTB
<RELEASE DATE> : 2009-08-31
<SET NUMBER> : 2
<SHNID> : xxxxx
<SOURCE> : 2 x Sony ECM-280 >> Sony TC-152  >> MAC >> Nakamichi CR7a => Korg MR-1000 >> DSF [1-bit 5.6448 MHz Stereo] >> Korg MR-1000 => Korg AudioGate >> WAV [24/96]
<SOURCE MEDIA> : Analog Tape
<SOURCEMEDIUM> : Analog Tape
<SPARS> : ADD
<TAPED BY> : Reinhard Holwein
<TRANSFERRED BY> : Bob Menke
<URL> : www.motb.org
<VENUE> : Keystone - Berkeley
<VERSION> : Live Audience

foo_tradersfriend

Reply #124
*Most*  of that tag info is the same for all songs. You should think about using MP3Tag for the parts other than the Song title, Venue  specific Comments for each track

Once I've tagged using Live Show Tagger, I use MP3Tag ( http://mp3tag.de/ ) to renumber the tracks with leading 0's (CTRL K ) and then rename the filename as the track number & track title using a custom "action" (Alt 5) and simultaneously fill in the Album name as the Venue & Date (with a custom action). I can tag multiple shows really quickly.

That's two steps instead of the desired one step - but every job has a preferred tool.