Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Album Art Downloader XUI (Read 2035197 times) previous topic - next topic

Album Art Downloader XUI

Reply #2600
Hi,

I just saw that with the new Qobuz script only highres files get downloaded. While this might be a great thing for some, for me this is actually quite annoying (since I have to convert them manually to 600x600).
Is there a way so the user can decide which images get downloaded?

Thanks,
Elwood

Album Art Downloader XUI

Reply #2602
It dies after about 400 albums saying that the album name/path is too long without telling me which one it is. And it should not croak when this happens; it should just go to the next album!

Album Art Downloader XUI

Reply #2603
It dies after about 400 albums saying that the album name/path is too long without telling me which one it is. And it should not croak when this happens; it should just go to the next album!

I need a bit more detail to go on. Did it pop open notepad with an error log? Was it in the File Browser? When searching for music? With ID3 tags or file path matching?

I agree that it shouldn't crash out, but I need to be able to pin down exactly where the crash is occurring.

Album Art Downloader XUI

Reply #2604

I need a bit more detail to go on. Did it pop open notepad with an error log? Was it in the File Browser? When searching for music? With ID3 tags or file path matching?

I agree that it shouldn't crash out, but I need to be able to pin down exactly where the crash is occurring.

It is a message in the bottom bar of the file browser as it scans my directory.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/b9he5mx0sqqk87y/f...rowser.png?dl=0

I have about 5000+ albums

Album Art Downloader XUI

Reply #2605

Thanks for the screenshot. Having paths which are longer than the windows maximum path length should not stop it from scanning other folders, just the ones that are too long. I've had a look through the area in question, and can only see one possible situation in which the error in your screenshot could result. Please give the attached test build a try and see if it resolves the issue for you:

[attachment=8132:AlbumArt...rimental.zip]
Alex

Album Art Downloader XUI

Reply #2606
For the last few weeks, I've seen frequent crashes. They're usually reproducible. (When I restart AAD and do the same thing, I get a crash once again.) I search for an artist/album. When I click on one of the sources (right column of the GUI), AAD crashes.

Here's the error log:

Code: [Select]
App version: 1.0.1.0, running on Microsoft Windows NT 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 (64 bit)

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at AlbumArtDownloader.ArtSearchWindow.OnSourceHighlightResults(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at AlbumArtDownloader.Controls.SourcePanel.OnMouseLeftButtonUp(MouseButtonEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs.InvokeHandler(Delegate handler, Object target)
   at System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(Object source, RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean reRaised)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.ReRaiseEventAs(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args, RoutedEvent newEvent)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.OnMouseUpThunk(Object sender, MouseButtonEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs.InvokeHandler(Delegate handler, Object target)
   at System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(Object source, RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean reRaised)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEventImpl(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEvent(RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean trusted)
   at System.Windows.Input.InputManager.ProcessStagingArea()
   at System.Windows.Input.InputManager.ProcessInput(InputEventArgs input)
   at System.Windows.Input.InputProviderSite.ReportInput(InputReport inputReport)
   at System.Windows.Interop.HwndMouseInputProvider.ReportInput(IntPtr hwnd, InputMode mode, Int32 timestamp, RawMouseActions actions, Int32 x, Int32 y, Int32 wheel)
   at System.Windows.Interop.HwndMouseInputProvider.FilterMessage(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   at System.Windows.Interop.HwndSource.InputFilterMessage(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(Object o)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Boolean isSingleParameter)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Boolean isSingleParameter, Delegate catchHandler)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.InvokeImpl(DispatcherPriority priority, TimeSpan timeout, Delegate method, Object args, Boolean isSingleParameter)
   at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam)
   at MS.Win32.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessage(MSG& msg)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.TranslateAndDispatchMessage(MSG& msg)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrameImpl(DispatcherFrame frame)
   at System.Windows.Application.RunInternal(Window window)
   at AlbumArtDownloader.App.AlbumArtDownloader.IPriorInstance.Run()
   at AlbumArtDownloader.InstanceMutex.RunAppAsServiceHost(IPriorInstance instance, String channelUri)
   at AlbumArtDownloader.App.Main(String[] args)

Album Art Downloader XUI

Reply #2607
For the last few weeks, I've seen frequent crashes. They're usually reproducible. (When I restart AAD and do the same thing, I get a crash once again.) I search for an artist/album. When I click on one of the sources (right column of the GUI), AAD crashes.

Thanks for reporting this. I'm trying to reproduce it here, but no luck yet. As you can reproduce it reliably, could you check: Are you clicking on a source which is selected or unselected for searching? If it's selected, does it have any results? Are there results from that source currently visible in the search area, or would they have to be scrolled into view? Is it a specific source, or does it happen for any source you click on? Are you using any filtering or grouping settings?

Thanks,

Alex

Album Art Downloader XUI

Reply #2608
Thanks for reporting this. I'm trying to reproduce it here, but no luck yet.

Thanks for looking into this! Here's an example which should answer some of your questions.

The attached screenshot was taken shortly before I clicked on the GoogleImage source:

When I clicked on the source, the crash resulted. The crash log is as follows:

App version: 1.0.1.0, running on Microsoft Windows NT 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 (64 bit)

System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: adornedElement
   at System.Windows.Documents.Adorner..ctor(UIElement adornedElement)
   at AlbumArtDownloader.Controls.HighlightResultAdorner..ctor(UIElement adornedElement)
   at AlbumArtDownloader.ArtSearchWindow.OnSourceHighlightResults(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at AlbumArtDownloader.Controls.SourcePanel.OnMouseLeftButtonUp(MouseButtonEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.ReRaiseEventAs(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args, RoutedEvent newEvent)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.OnMouseUpThunk(Object sender, MouseButtonEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEventImpl(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEvent(RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean trusted)
   at System.Windows.Input.InputManager.ProcessStagingArea()
   at System.Windows.Input.InputManager.ProcessInput(InputEventArgs input)
   at System.Windows.Input.InputProviderSite.ReportInput(InputReport inputReport)
   at System.Windows.Interop.HwndMouseInputProvider.ReportInput(IntPtr hwnd, InputMode mode, Int32 timestamp, RawMouseActions actions, Int32 x, Int32 y, Int32 wheel)
   at System.Windows.Interop.HwndMouseInputProvider.FilterMessage(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   at System.Windows.Interop.HwndSource.InputFilterMessage(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Boolean isSingleParameter)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Boolean isSingleParameter, Delegate catchHandler)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.InvokeImpl(DispatcherPriority priority, TimeSpan timeout, Delegate method, Object args, Boolean isSingleParameter)
   at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam)
   at AlbumArtDownloader.InstanceMutex.RunAppAsServiceHost(IPriorInstance instance, String channelUri)

As you can reproduce it reliably, could you check: Are you clicking on a source which is selected or unselected for searching?

Selected.

If it's selected, does it have any results?

In the example above, yes. I just got the script to crash when clicking on the Discogs source. In that case, Discogs was selected for searching and there were results for it, too.

Are there results from that source currently visible in the search area, or would they have to be scrolled into view?

The results are currently visible. (In the case where I provoked a crash by clicking on the Discogs source, at least some of the results were currently visible.)

Is it a specific source, or does it happen for any source you click on?

It seems at least GoogleImage and Discogs are affected. There may be more. From now on, I'll pay attention to what click causes a crash. I'll report back.

Are you using any filtering or grouping settings?

I have a filter by image size enabled (minimum 300 px). No grouping settings.

Album Art Downloader XUI

Reply #2609
Thanks for looking into this! Here's an example which should answer some of your questions.
OK, thanks, I *think* I have this pinned down now. Could you give the attached a try and see if it resolves it for you?

[attachment=8133:AlbumArt...mental-2.zip]
Thanks,

Alex

Album Art Downloader XUI

Reply #2611

Thanks for the screenshot. Having paths which are longer than the windows maximum path length should not stop it from scanning other folders, just the ones that are too long. I've had a look through the area in question, and can only see one possible situation in which the error in your screenshot could result. Please give the attached test build a try and see if it resolves the issue for you:

[attachment=8132:AlbumArt...rimental.zip]
Alex

That fixed it!
Is there a way to put the album art inside each album folder?

I do get Album Art Downloader has stopped working messages when I look for art, then it crashes! No messages.
I have 5400 albums, and queue 50 at a time.

It does not work at all now. https://www.dropbox.com/s/075ukvnhpgguzsi/aad.png?dl=0
As soon is the first two search windows pop up, I get the non-responding message. Even as your program is still getting art. Then if I dismiss the error message, AADL stops and disappears!

Album Art Downloader XUI

Reply #2612
Is there a way to put the album art inside each album folder?
That's what it should be doing by default, as Folder.jpg... where are you finding it puts the art?

Unfortunately that error message is not very helpful! Windows ought to have logged more details, if you run the Event Viewer and check for an error with the source ".NET Runtime" for the time the crash occurred, there might be more useful information there.

Otherwise, I can offer general advice in that having all the sources checked can result in a lot of work, and a lot of memory usage (if they all return lots of results) - it might be worth trying it with just a few good sources instead. Another thing you can do to cut down resource usage is in the Queue Manager window set the number of simultaneous search windows to 1 or 2 instead of 3.

Of course if it's a specific album that's causing the crash, then that's a different matter! If that's the case, then let me know and we can try and figure out what's special about it.

Alex

Album Art Downloader XUI

Reply #2613
Version 1.02
This release fixes the reported crash when clicking on a source with filtered out results, and improves the robustness of the folder browser when dealing with invalid paths (such as those that are too long).

I have also brought all the scripts up to date.

Download:
AlbumArtDownloaderXUI.exe (Installer. Recommended)
AlbumArtDownloaderXUI.zip (zip archive for those who don't like installers)
.NET Framework 3.5 SP1 (required, except for Windows 7 and 8)Donations

Album Art Downloader XUI

Reply #2614
Version 1.02
This release fixes the reported crash when clicking on a source with filtered out results, and improves the robustness of the folder browser when dealing with invalid paths (such as those that are too long).

Thank you AlexVallat for all of your efforts. This is a great program thanks to you. I have been using it for years!
Glass half full!

Album Art Downloader XUI

Reply #2615
I just downloaded and installed 1.0.2.0 on Windows 7 64-bit.  AADL has always been a little unstable for me, often crashing on startup, but after a few tries it would get over its hiccup and work fine.  With the new version, it won't start at all and I get this message every time:

Album Art Downloader has encountered a fatal error, and has had to close.
If you wish to report this error, please include this information, which
has been written to the file: C:\Program Files\AlbumArtDownloader\errorlog.txt

App version: 1.0.2.0, running on Microsoft Windows NT 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 (64 bit)

System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Users\HP\AppData\Local\AlbumArtDownloader\AlbumArt.exe_Url_ab4blq4r5vajyecsjktugtsqgadfd4lg\1.0.2.0\Scripts'.
  at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
  at System.IO.Directory.InternalGetFileDirectoryNames(String path, String userPathOriginal, String searchPattern, Boolean includeFiles, Boolean includeDirs, SearchOption searchOption)
  at System.IO.Directory.GetFiles(String path, String searchPattern, SearchOption searchOption)
  at AlbumArtDownloader.App.LoadScripts()
  at AlbumArtDownloader.App.OnStartup(StartupEventArgs e)
  at System.Windows.Application.<.ctor>b__0(Object unused)
  at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeImpl()
  at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.runTryCode(Object userData)
  at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.RuntimeHelpers.ExecuteCodeWithGuaranteedCleanup(TryCode code, CleanupCode backoutCode, Object userData)
  at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
  at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.Invoke()
  at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.ProcessQueue()
  at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.WndProcHook(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)

Any help is appreciated!

Edit: For what it's worth, copying the "Scripts" folder from the 1.0.1.0 directory to the 1.0.2.0 directory allowed it to run, but when it opens the only thing listed under Sources is Local Files.

Further edit: Completely uninstalling, restarting, and reinstalling seems to have sorted it out.  I apologize for neglecting to try that in the first place; I know better!

Thanks for such a handy program!

Album Art Downloader XUI

Reply #2616
Hello !
First, sorry if the question has already been asked, I can't find the answer
I'm using the Search Window from the File Browser (It's important !).
I want to download the cover as cover.jpg. I have a preset and default set to cover.
But AAD always add Folder before. So I have Foldercover.jpg
The "Images will be saved to" filed is greyed and set to "H:\Carcass\Swansong\Folder%preset%.%extension%".

If I use the Search Windows directly, this field is editable, so I can correct it.

Album Art Downloader XUI

Reply #2617
OK, I manage to get it right.
I edited the user.config file located in C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\AlbumArtDownloader\AlbumArt.exe_Url_ab4blq4r5vajyecsjktugtsqgadfd4lg\1.0.2.0
On lines 672 and 677.
<string>Folder%preset%.%extension%</string>

Just remove "Folder".
I think it's a bug because my "cover" preset was written
<string>Cover%preset%.%extension%</string>

which result in a Covercover.jpg file in the end.

Album Art Downloader XUI

Reply #2618
If you are coming from the file browser, then the image is saved in the same pattern as the file browser is searching for. So, to change this in the File Browser window, click the Options link and then in the Specify Path to Find Images change it to "Cover.%extension%". You don't need %preset% if you aren't using presets, and just want all your images to be called Cover.jpg. The preset system is there for doing things like "Cover-Alternative.jpg" or similar, when some covers need a slightly different name.

(For information, the default path in the file browser is: "Folder%preset%.%extension%|Cover%preset%.%extension%". The | separates alternatives, so it would first look for Folder.jpg, then Cover.jpg if Folder.jpg wasn't found. The search window uses the first alternative in the list - so Folder.jpg in this case)

Alex

Album Art Downloader XUI

Reply #2619
Oh thanks ! 
I was looking in the top menu and I didn't see that options link ! 

Album Art Downloader XUI

Reply #2621
Hi, I've been using Album Art Downloader for a very long time, very good program!

But now I'm having a problem, I'm getting absolutely no covers from Discogs and Google anymore (although having the newest 1.02.0 version). Is there maybe something broken in the scripts?

Thanks in advance...

Album Art Downloader XUI

Reply #2622
I'm getting absolutely no covers from Discogs and Google anymore (although having the newest 1.02.0 version). Is there maybe something broken in the scripts?

Thanks for reporting this. I've updated Google Play Music and Discogs, those should work again. Unfortunately Google Images has been broken beyond easy repair (they are no longer offering the &gbv=2 format and are encrypting image URLs). It might be possible to hack something together for google images, but I suspect not. Or not that would return any image larger than thumbnails, anyway. Google Images won't be included in future releases, and I'd recommend deleting or at least unchecking the google.boo script as it won't work any more)

Alex

Album Art Downloader XUI

Reply #2623
Thank you Alex for repairing Discogs!! But the loss of GoogleImages is very sad. For some older artists it is nearly the only source. Is there maybe a way to make a Bing or Yahoo script to replace Google?