Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: UPnP servers? (Read 2780 times) previous topic - next topic

UPnP servers?

I've been trying to get my music streamed down to my two wired UPnP devices. One is an Xbox 360 and the other is a DirecTV HD DVR (HR20 model).

I have had NO luck unless I only stick to MP3 format.

My music is stored in lossless format and I'd like to play it from those so transcoding is fine. Right now everything is in FLAC. I started with WMAL but had issues with dbpowerAMP and correct tags so I switched to APE. Then I had trouble with many things and TVersity wouldn't provide any tag information. So, off I went to FLAC.

So far I've tried TwonkyMedia and TwonkyMusic, TVersity and EZLink NG. None of them have worked.

Twonky can show all the songs to both devices but they don't play so I suspect the transcoder is at issue.

TVersity has the same issue.

EZLink doesn't support any of the formats.

Is the software server world really this messy? I could use Media Player but then would need to keep it running all the time so that's no good.