Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: 'extraction' of ogg files from a packed file (Read 5895 times) previous topic - next topic

'extraction' of ogg files from a packed file

I am going to 'extract' some ogg files in an exe file. Several page headers are found but finding the end of a ogg file is a problem. Does somebody have any ideas about determinating the end of the ogg file (or the size of the ogg file) from just considering the page header? Thanks for your help!

Reply #1
Does somebody have any ideas about determinating the end of the ogg file (or the size of the ogg file) from just considering the page header?

No.

Ogg Vorbis can be used for live streaming, which means it has to generate the headers before it even knows how long the stream will be. The designers didn't feel it was necessary to add an optional length field, either.

There should be an EndOfStream flag on the last packet. Even if you miss that, each packet has a checksum, so you can just keep reading until the checksums fail...

Reply #2

Does somebody have any ideas about determinating the end of the ogg file (or the size of the ogg file) from just considering the page header?

No.

Ogg Vorbis can be used for live streaming, which means it has to generate the headers before it even knows how long the stream will be. The designers didn't feel it was necessary to add an optional length field, either.

There should be an EndOfStream flag on the last packet. Even if you miss that, each packet has a checksum, so you can just keep reading until the checksums fail...

hi
Here i am mentioning an issue of the size of page in the ogg files in the demuxer.
i want to know what is the general page size in .ogg streams.
The ogg standard mentioned that there may be upto 64k the page will be, But in the realtime systems
we can not hold 64kB memory to process a cheksum and then demux the ogg page header.

So i just wnat to know that normally developers can mention about the size of the pages in the steems they
can support.
Normally 4 to 8k bytes.
Otherwise what is the alternative to that.
How all portable players are supporting the 64k size of the ogg page in any file ogg vorbies, ogg flac.

If any body have an idea please help me in this issue.

Regards
Bhaskar
India