Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Digital has finally arrived!..for analog/vinyl folks, good news?? (Read 4131 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Digital has finally arrived!..for analog/vinyl folks, good news??

Reply #1
You know, I was just thinking that my system needed more odd-order harmonics...

Reply #2
For $18k it better lift a lot of veils.

Reply #3
So where does this fit?

Loudspeaker manufacturer

Reply #4
Nyquist? I always think that MQA is anti-Nyquist.

Reply #5
The end is here! Digital as we know it with our standard PCM accurate DACs no longer are able to judge sound quality.
Time to classify everything i have at home as vintage digital pre-MQA age junk.
Is troll-adiposity coming from feederism?
With 24bit music you can listen to silence much louder!

Reply #6
I wonder why nobody used the name before. Nyquist. It rolls off the marketing tongue.

I suppose because it spells limitations, negative connotations to the audiophile.
It's named for Harry Nyquist (1889–1976), the Swedish-born American electronics engineer who wrote such papers as "Certain Factors Affecting Telegraph Speed" (1924) and its nail-biter sequel, "Certain Topics in Telegraph Transmission Theory" (1928).
Didn't know Fremmer could be [intentionally] funny. But then my audiophillia is sufficiently in remission that I generally avoid him. Can't remember the last time I chose to read his stuff. 
The most important audio cables are the ones in the brain

Reply #7
I wonder why nobody used the name before. Nyquist. It rolls off the marketing tongue.
It is not so uncommon in Sweden, more than 1 in (*searching*) 3000 if you count the different spellings. (Harry Nyquist was born "Nyqvist", which is the more common form in .se)

Reply #8
I meant as a hifi product name, particularly considering that Mr H Nyquist's work underlies digital sound.

But yes, I was unaware that it was a common person name in Sweden.
The most important audio cables are the ones in the brain

Reply #9
Nyquist is a programming language for sound synthesis and analysis based on the Lisp programming language. It is an extension of the XLISP dialect of Lisp.

The Nyquist programming language and interpreter were written by Roger Dannenberg (co-founder of Audacity) at Carnegie Mellon University, with support from Yamaha Corporation and IBM.

Nyquist was contemporary with the birth of Audacity and is essentially Audacity’s own user-customisable plug-in format.

Reply #10
The end is here! Digital as we know it with our standard PCM accurate DACs no longer are able to judge sound quality.
Time to classify everything i have at home as vintage digital pre-MQA age junk.

Yeah, think of how many of those nasty non-existent PCM stairsteps you can eliminate in your signal chain!