Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Winmx 3.3 Released (Read 7803 times) previous topic - next topic

Winmx 3.3 Released

Reply #1
you are quick

i have been using the betas, and they are pretty stable.

MAKE SURE U ALWAYS HAVE THE LATEST VERSION OF WINMX!

WinMX 4 eva!!

Winmx 3.3 Released

Reply #2
yay

Winmx 3.3 Released

Reply #3
Curious, my OGG encoded files using -q7 all show as 224kbit files.... I could swear in the betas that i saw the actual average bitrate. Ah well, appeal for the masses i guess...
She is waiting in the air

Winmx 3.3 Released

Reply #4
Good for WinMX.

Winmx 3.3 Released

Reply #5
Curious, my OGG encoded files using -q7 all show as 224kbit files.... I could swear in the betas that i saw the actual average bitrate. Ah well, appeal for the masses i guess...

I notice some problem with my ogg files. For some of them the program doesn't show information (lenght and bitrate)...
maybe it is caused by a program for edit tag ( http://home.wanadoo.nl/~w.speek/tag.htm )

Winmx 3.3 Released

Reply #6
Good content.

But the interface is terrible.  Really really terrible.  I would replace it myself if the code was available.

-h

Winmx 3.3 Released

Reply #7

Displaying nominal bitrate (instead of average bitrate) is better in my opinion. It tells you that files were encoded with some quality setting eg. -q 6. Quality is more important than bitrate.

Winmx 3.3 Released

Reply #8
Not much ogg out there yet.

Winmx 3.3 Released

Reply #9
So far i have not seen any ogg file on the network yet.

Winmx 3.3 Released

Reply #10
WinMx? nothanks i prefer Kazaa lite
Made in Portugal

Winmx 3.3 Released

Reply #11
never liked kazaa

but i found quite many vorbis files in the new winmx version!

Winmx 3.3 Released

Reply #12
Many Ogg's? i'l give a chance on Win MX
Made in Portugal

Winmx 3.3 Released

Reply #13
WinMx? nothanks i prefer Kazaa lite

I have trouble sorting the shit 128 files from the higher bitrate stuff I prefer with kazaa lite.

It rules for video and other stuff though.

For me, winmx is the best for audio. If something is rare you can connect to a bunch of lower capacity networks and often find what you are looking for if you are patient.

Winmx 3.3 Released

Reply #14
the winmx network is buggy and sucky.

but its the best !!!!

kazaa lite has plenty of unfinished and gay video.

plus, its full of viruses!

Winmx 3.3 Released

Reply #15
Many Ogg's? i'l give a chance on Win MX

I can't find a single one...

Winmx 3.3 Released

Reply #16
I can't find a single file even one to sample, nothing of mp3's ogg's warever. Nothing. it shows on the bottom "waiting for results" and nothing more, were is the results? i waited 30 m and nothing, tried to change configuration, zone and nothing now it will go to trash... unnistalling now! Long Life Kazaa and p2p will never died
Made in Portugal

Winmx 3.3 Released

Reply #17
Am I doing something stupid or sorting of results by clicking on the tabs doesn't really work??? 

Winmx 3.3 Released

Reply #18
Am I doing something stupid or sorting of results by clicking on the tabs doesn't really work??? 

You have to turn off "Available files on top".

Winmx 3.3 Released

Reply #19
Am I doing something stupid or sorting of results by clicking on the tabs doesn't really work???  :huh:

You have to turn off "Available files on top".

Many thanks!  B)

Winmx 3.3 Released

Reply #20

I have this problem too. I will try an ubninstall and fresh install to try and fix it.

I will post this if it works but it will have to wait until later.

Winmx 3.3 Released

Reply #21
Later 

The sorting feature is broken on my box.  Windows 98SE.

This is a major bug for me.

Winmx 3.3 Released

Reply #22
WinMX works well for me, never had any problems with it!  It just getting better and better with each new release, kudos go out to the WinMX team!

It just harder to find some of the rare mixes of songs, but more and more people are moving to the WinMX networks so it won't be to long before the WinMX networks gets its fair share of files!

Laters
AgentMil
-=MusePack... Living Audio Compression=-

Honda - The Power of Dreams

Winmx 3.3 Released

Reply #23
Anyone else having trouble sorting their search results by bitrate or filesize etc?

PITA!  Trried to re-install 2.2 and it will no longer connect to the network.

I put  a few messages on some message boards but its hard to tell if they are going to reach the right ears.

Damn, I have always loved this programme to distraction and this is the first bug I have ever found

Winmx 3.3 Released

Reply #24
Anyone else having trouble sorting their search results by bitrate or filesize etc?

You should scroll up a little, i answered it above...