Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Opinions on JetAudio software and its sound-enhancing add-ons? (Read 2787 times) previous topic - next topic

Opinions on JetAudio software and its sound-enhancing add-ons?

I remembered recently that I have an old version of JetAudio for Windows that came with a Cowon iAudio device way back in 2004. I remember thinking at the time that the enhancement technology on the device was excellent. The same tech was said to be in the PC software. At the time the devices were very well reviewed too - often said to be the best on the market.

There is now a mobile app and the reviews are quite good. I wondered if anyone here has experience of the tech that's included in JetAudio and if they could share their thoughts?

Three audio add-ons are available in the mobile app as IAPs. These are:
  • AM3D
  • Bongiovi DPS
  • Crystalizer

Thanks

Re: Opinions on JetAudio software and its sound-enhancing add-ons?

Reply #1
If sound was possible to enhance with no downsides, why woudn't these enhancements be already baked into the music recordings?
a fan of AutoEq + Meier Crossfeed

Reply #2
If sound was possible to enhance with no downsides, why woudn't these enhancements be already baked into the music recordings?
Loudness war general lieutenants loudly applaud this message: everything they do is perfect and nobody would want anything else.

... right?

Reply #3
Loudness war general lieutenants loudly applaud this message: everything they do is perfect and nobody would want anything else.

... right?

I'm not saying that trying to increase loudness at all costs is an enhancement.
But it's not possible to undo the damage especially in one-size-fits-all manner by pressing 1 button in a player app.
a fan of AutoEq + Meier Crossfeed

Reply #4
I looked into it and apparently a lot of the tech is about restoring details in the sound that are lost due to the storage format. It's about perception - not forensics - and as such this seems legitimate to me.

Photography software can improve photos with advanced de-noise tools, intelligent sharpening, and all kinds of other tools. In the same way that a photo isn't necessarily best straight off the camera, an audio file isn't necessarily best straight off the recording equipment.

Reply #5
I remembered recently that I have an old version of JetAudio for Windows that came with a Cowon iAudio device way back in 2004. I remember thinking at the time that the enhancement technology on the device was excellent. The same tech was said to be in the PC software. At the time the devices were very well reviewed too - often said to be the best on the market.

There is now a mobile app and the reviews are quite good. I wondered if anyone here has experience of the tech that's included in JetAudio and if they could share their thoughts?

Three audio add-ons are available in the mobile app as IAPs. These are:
  • AM3D
  • Bongiovi DPS
  • Crystalizer

Thanks
Bongiovi : lots of speakers and headphones presets which really revitalize tracks.
AMD: Simple settings and good enhancement especially for the basses. This is the one I prefer.

Reply #6
Photography software can improve photos with advanced de-noise tools, intelligent sharpening, and all kinds of other tools. In the same way that a photo isn't necessarily best straight off the camera, an audio file isn't necessarily best straight off the recording equipment.
Bad comparison. Those things you do to a photo in an editor are like the things they do to an audio during mastering.
All the enhancements one applies during playback is more like tweaking your monitor (or graphics driver output) settings.