Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Can anyone write a short script for me? (Read 3033 times) previous topic - next topic

Can anyone write a short script for me?

It should be as follows: I want that in every directory a certain text-file is copied (only a few kb long, as an info).

Example: I have a main-directory with around 100 sub-directories. And a text-file with name "text-file.txt", which stand in this main-directory and shall be copied in each of these sub-dir´s. Sure easy to do - but as I don´t know anything about that cryptic script-language too difficult for me to do.

Please publish the script as an answer here. Thx !
My used codecs and settings:
FLAC V1.1.2 -4 / APE V3.99 Update 4 -high / MPC V1.15v --q 5 / LAME V3.97b2 -V2 --vbr-new / OGG aoTuV V4.51 Lancer -q5

Reply #1
once again sweep should be able to help you.

Code: [Select]
sweep xcopy [absolute path to text file]

should do the trick.

Reply #2
Just in case: Get sweep here: http://www.saunalahti.fi/cse/files/Sweep.zip
Copy sweep.exe to C:\windows\command or c:\winnt\system32 or ...
Let's suppose that rain washes out a picnic. Who is feeling negative? The rain? Or YOU? What's causing the negative feeling? The rain or your reaction? - Anthony De Mello

Reply #3
Just in case: Get sweep here: http://www.saunalahti.fi/cse/files/Sweep.zip
Copy sweep.exe to C:\windows\command or c:\winnt\system32 or ...

Okay, thanks guys. Sweep I already had installed.
FLAC V1.1.2 -4 / APE V3.99 Update 4 -high / MPC V1.15v --q 5 / LAME V3.97b2 -V2 --vbr-new / OGG aoTuV V4.51 Lancer -q5

Reply #4
I just tried with this:

d:\replaygain-directory\sweep xcopy "d:\ReplayGain-Directory\_ReplayGained --auto --smart.txt"

.... but unfortunately it didn´t work.

Error-message "Invalid parameter-number" appears.
What´s wrong on the syntax?

Reply #5
If you open DOS window and go to the root folder containing the directories you want to copy the file to (e.g. "cd\d:\replaygain-directory") and then type sweep copy d:\replay~1\_Repla~1.txt it works here (win2k).
Let's suppose that rain washes out a picnic. Who is feeling negative? The rain? Or YOU? What's causing the negative feeling? The rain or your reaction? - Anthony De Mello

Reply #6
So, i have to type "copy", not "xcopy" ?!
Okay, I´ll try with it, when I´m at home again (now at work).