Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: No Philips HDD100 beta for me. Anyone? (Read 3848 times) previous topic - next topic

No Philips HDD100 beta for me. Anyone?

Just received this.

"Thank you very much for applying to be a beta-tester for Philips HDD100 Recording Audio
Jukebox. Thanks for your great support, the application process went smoothly and ended
successfully at 6:00 PM, Sunday, May 18 in Pacific Standard Time.

Unfortunately, this time your name was not selected in our random lucky draw."

Oh, well. Guess it's rather like playing the lottery. Anyone with better luck?

Reply #1
I didn't get such an email yet! Hmmm. Either they have a large chunk of emails to send out, or accepted folks get the player shipped to home ASAP without notification. Would wonder though, I never won in a competition or got an acceptance in a beta test. I'm also only beta tester at MS coz I know a MS dev.

--edit--
Are they trying to give me a heart attack? My Outlook2003 notification toaster popped up and showed me the mail incl title which is "Congratulations! Beta-tester for the Philips Recording Audio Jukebox HDD100", but the body says I wasn't in the random draw. Screw Philips!

--edit2--
And another note. I saw some people reporting two different email subjects on the emails. Very few reported they got "Congratulations..." in the subject while way more other people reported a subject like "Thank you for applying...".

Reply #2
Here's my subject line:

"Thank you! -- Beta-Test for Philips HDD100 Recording Audio Jukebox"

One anomoly: the email arrived last night, but is dated ~6 PM tonight. 

Post-dating email is a trick spammers use to keep their message at the top
of your inbox.  My old mail program (evolution) can sort mail by arrival date
instead of date sent so that spoof doesn't work.  Now I'm using Mozilla which
can't, but does have a spam filter.

Reply #3
Me too
Vital papers will demonstrate their vitality by spontaneously moving from where you left them to where you can't find them.

Reply #4
I got the "Congratulations"-subject too. I was very happy there for a few seconds :-\

Now, the question is whether the subject or the _body_ is in error.

Reply #5
I applied twice, thus got two emails. But both say "Congratulations". Unlikely that this is the right subject/email.

Reply #6
I also got this email.
Not selected! hhmm

Reply #7
same here

Reply #8
Same story here:  "Congratulations!"  ...on not being selected for the 3rd time! 

Thanks Philips!  No, really! 

Reply #9
I was thrown off by the "Congratulations" in the subject.... bastards.... got my hopes up for nothing. Oh well. Looks like i have to go buy one.

Reply #10
My eyes lit up when it said 'congratulations', then read the body... Deeply disappointed! 

Reply #11
Oh, so sad, just like other people, I was happy but only just for a little while when starting to read the mail...

Can a lucky one tell us what it's like to be selected?
Are there actually?

Reply #12
I was thrown off by the "Congratulations" in the subject.... bastards.... got my hopes up for nothing. Oh well. Looks like i have to go buy one.

got it as well, same reaction
WARNING:  Changing of advanced parameters might degrade sound quality.  Modify them only if you are expirienced in audio compression!

Reply #13
"Please accept our sincere apologies for our HDD100 Recording Audio Jukebox Beta-Test
email, which was sent out at 4:30AM, Thursday, May 29th 2003, Pacific Standard Time.
Unfortunately, the said email contained an error within the email subject, and wrongly
congratulated you as a beta-tester for the Philips HDD100 Recording Audio Jukebox.

The said email's body text notification remains correct and final in informing you that unfortunately
this time your name was not selected in our random lucky draw. We very much apologize for this
incident and any confusion it may have caused you."

Just got this email during the night from Philips. 

Guess some people responded to their email from the other day as though they were accepted.  Once someone at Philips realized what was happening I bet they scurried fast to find out how to rectify the situation and then sent out this email to all us non-accepted people.  Oh well... and today is my 36th birthday. 

Have a great day folks...
The difference between genius and stupidity?

Genius has limits.

Reply #14
Yea, i just got that e-mail too... oh well... maybe i'll get luckey one day!

Reply #15
i dont remember which one i got, but i never thought i was actualy gonna win since i live in mexico... signed just out of pure boredome blah...

Reply #16
I also got the "Congratulations, you didn´t get the beta-gadget". Anyway, I didn´t expected to get one, just did the whole thing to support Ogg Vorbis.

Reply #17
Opera killed it right away. Thanks to this thread I could recover it but it wasn't worth the effort...
I promise you I will listen to what has been said here, even though I wasn't here.