Skip to main content

Topic: Xiph's Episode 2: _Digital Show & Tell_ is out (Read 29615 times) previous topic - next topic

Xiph's Episode 2: _Digital Show & Tell_ is out
Reply #25
Excellent presentation, tackling miss-conceptions can only be a good thing.

+1 with a bullet. I fought almost every misapprehension covered in a really tough house. A very elegant handling of real issues.

• julf
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #26
I have a strange issue with the gtk-bounce program from the video - on (k)ubuntu 12.10, spectrum and waveform work just fine, but if I scroll into the gtk-bounce panel, the cursor disappears. Anyone seen that behaviour?

• xiphmont
  • [*][*][*]
  • Developer
Reply #27
I have a strange issue with the gtk-bounce program from the video - on (k)ubuntu 12.10, spectrum and waveform work just fine, but if I scroll into the gtk-bounce panel, the cursor disappears. Anyone seen that behaviour?

It disappears on purpose-- it was intended to be a touch app in the demo.  If you want to keep the mouse cursor, comment out the calls to 'hide_mouse()' in gtk-bounce-widget.c

• julf
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #28
It disappears on purpose-- it was intended to be a touch app in the demo.  If you want to keep the mouse cursor, comment out the calls to 'hide_mouse()' in gtk-bounce-widget.c

Ah! Thanks!

• Wombat
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #29
Nothing has changed, the same funny pics like 20 years ago!
http://discover.store.sony.com/High-Resolution-Audio/
We should send the link of Montys video directly to the japanese engineering team in case they still don't know.
Is troll-adiposity coming from feederism?
With 24bit music you can listen to silence much louder!

• Nick.C
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Developer
Reply #30
I loved this:

"Make believe" encompasses the alleged improvements quite succinctly.
lossyWAV -q X -a 4 -s h -A --feedback 2 --limit 15848| FLAC -5 -e -p -b 512 -P=4096 -S-

• TomasPin
  • [*][*][*]
Reply #31
A man and his music: http://tubular.net/