For use at home:
- Lossless, because I'm saving a lossless copy anyway.
- At least two steps higher quality than N, because I'm paranoid or because I want to accomodate for people with better ears (please post: how much higher?).
- One step higher quality than N (e.g. -q N+1 for Vorbis, -V N-1 for LAME, etc.), because I want to take a safe margin. After all I didn't check all music in the world.
- The same quality N, because I want things to sound the same as on the CD but I don't want to waste more space than necessary.
- One step lower quality than N, because the few audible differences I hear at that setting don't annoy me and I like to shave off 16-32kbps.
- Even lower quality than the previous option, because I find efficiency more important than perceived quality (please post: how far down would you go?).
- My choice is not listed above (please post).
Total Members Voted: 320