Skip to main content

Topic: foo_midi (Read 18106 times) previous topic - next topic

• kode54
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
foo_midi
Reply #25
The .syx file must continue to exist on disk after you have added it. It merely adds the file's path as a reference to the tag database for those MIDI files.

foo_midi
Reply #26
The .syx file must continue to exist on disk after you have added it. It merely adds the file's path as a reference to the tag database for those MIDI files.

Yes, both files (.mid and .syx) exist on disk in the same directory but I get the error anyway.

foo_midi
Reply #27
Ok, seems like I found the problem. When both files (.mid and .syx) are in the same directory, the plugin does not store the complete path to the .syx in the <MIDI_SYSEX_DUMPS> tag, it just stores the name of the file, and can't find the sysex file on playback. However, if I put the sysex in a different directory than where the midi file is, it does store the complete path and finds it on playback.

• Nahkranoth
  • [*][*]
foo_midi
Reply #28
Thanks for your research, algernon64, but in my case to be able to play midi files with assigned sysex dumps I had to use .syx file copied to different disk. It seems that foo_midi stores relative paths to .syx files, and while playing it expects full path instead.

Thus "..\..\..\foo.syx" leads to error, and "c:\foo.syx" works fine.

So I'd like to kindly ask kode54 to implement it right.

Thanks for your time!

• Nahkranoth
  • [*][*]
foo_midi
Reply #29
And huge thanks to kode54, with recent fix midi files with assigned .SYX play juuuust fine!
  • Last Edit: 01 December, 2014, 07:27:51 AM by Nahkranoth

• romor
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
foo_midi
Reply #30
Wrong thread sorry, (comes as first result for foo_midi on Google)
  • Last Edit: 19 February, 2015, 02:31:32 PM by romor