Skip to main content

Topic: DSP and Menu questions (Read 1046 times) previous topic - next topic

• emilles
  • [*]
DSP and Menu questions
I am currently working on a DSP component for FB2K.  The DSP interface seems to be working fine.  Now I am trying to add some convenience menus or menu items so that the user does not need to go to Preferences > Playback > DSP Manager, etc.  (That's a lot of steps.)  When holding Shift, I see a couple nice menu items for getting directly to the DSP prefs and changing the Output device.

1) Is it possible to add a menu item to the Playback menu > DSP settings' submenu?  Seemingly that would be the place for all DSPs to attach their extras.  If not, should "DSP settings" be a command menu item labeled "DSP Manager" instead that carrys out the command of the submenu's Preferences item?

2) Is it possible to add to the Playback > Device submenu?  My component will be sending audio to one or more remote devices.  The Device submenu seems like a decent place to add the list of remote devices as a group and allow selection / deselection.

3) I'm trying to make a menu group that is populated dynamically by the remote devices found on the local network.  It appears that mainmenu_commands is only queried once when a menu is opened for its length.  So if a device appeared or disappeared, I seemingly could not update the menu group live; I would need to wait until the menu was reopened.  Does the mainmenu_commands_v2 add this capability?  I can't seem to make much sense of the difference or how to create mainmenu_node instances correctly.

• lvqcl
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Developer
DSP and Menu questions
Reply #1
the Playback menu > DSP settings' submenu?  Seemingly that would be the place for all DSPs to attach their extras.

This menu contains all "DSP chain presets".