Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Autoplaylist Creator (Read 1274 times) previous topic - next topic

Autoplaylist Creator

Hi,
I´m using foobar with my music db of about 400gb. Of course I am not listening to all music there and hence the only player I really can use is foobar, because artist lists like in Itunes would simply be tooooo long. So I have set up normal playlists for every artist I like and then searched my db and drag&dropped it into the playlist, which was an immense work!

Now i think it would be really helpful for anybody with a bigger music db to use the autoplaylist creator in a more effective way:
a box to pick the tag that is should be taken from, then a box were "HAS" or "IS" can be choosen, then the box with the query, where you would write in the arists name for example, and then clicking ok and then (important) creating the playlist with the name of the query (artist name e.g.).

Because right now i am typing in the artist name into the search, then clicking the "...", create autoplaylist, right-click on the created autoplaylist, in the search-query i copy and paste "%artist% HAS" and then typing the artist behind HAS, clicking ok, (now the autoplaylist only contains the songs were the %artists% tag contains the string i typed in behind HAS), then clicking on the playlist with f2 and renaming it and then drag it into the correct folder (using plorg).

Either I am too unintelligent to find a faster way or nobody else uses autoplaylists from big music db. As i am not into programming, i would really appreciate it if somebody who has the capabilities and the motivation could take the time to create such a "component" for foobar.

If its just me please place a link here or describe how to do that faster or provide another method to have playlists with only one artist´s songs in (autoplaylists are of course better when new music enters the system ).

Thanks for reading, if you have read this post until here!

David Zweistein

Autoplaylist Creator

Reply #1
You can enter the query with %artist% HAS already in the first search field. So:

1. Library > Search
2. %artist% HAS funnyName
3. ... > Create (auto)playlist
4. Done.

I only have some permanent autoplaylists (Best, Unplayed, To be rated, ...) and create/destroy static playlists for individual listening sessions, which I create from Library Search (set to F3) or Facets (set to F4).