Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Monitored folders don't automatically import music (Read 1325 times) previous topic - next topic

Monitored folders don't automatically import music

I've heard nothing but good things about this music player, but do I really have to manually add ALL of my music to this thing, even though it gives me  an option for it to monitor folders?

Reply #1
works just fine. add a single parent folder - if that is your structure - or any other folders and all will be added / updated automatically.

you might want to check your settings. right click on the folder your are monitoring in the media library preferences and make sure you have it set to watch for changers while running.

EDIT: And if you are still using a non supported outdated panels UI, then i guess your 2.5 year struggle with library configuration may continue.

Reply #2
I do, and it still does absolutely nothing. My library just ends up empty.

Reply #3
What version of Foobar2000?  What User interface? Screenshots always are helpful as is providing some of the information asked for in the sticky to this forum.

Reply #4
I do, and it still does absolutely nothing. My library just ends up empty.

Which library viewer are you using that remains empty?

Reply #5
Check your files/folders attributes because they´ll not be added to Media Library if hidden.

Reply #6
Are you sure you are not talking about your playlist (not the library) being empty? Because yes, you have to add files to a playlist, just like any other audio player.

If that seems too much to ask, perhaps you'd prefer boomaudio? Same developer, but a simpler player.
elevatorladylevitateme