Skip to main content

Topic: UPnP MediaRenderer output | discussion (Read 92023 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: UPnP MediaRenderer output | discussion
Reply #175
Hello

I'm very satisfied by the plugin and use it for months now.My media renderer is a Denon DRA 100 and it works perfectly

Is there a way to have the stream title to display dynamic information like %title% or %artist% or both ?

In the panel of parameters, only a static value seems to be valid

Thanks in advance for your help.

Great plugin

• onirwai
  • [*]
Reply #176
visualizations don't work when this output plugin is selected?

I thought they use data before it reaches the output renderer.

Came here to report this. Any workarounds?
Thanks!

• kode54
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
Reply #177
The problem is, visualizations require somewhat precise latency information. UPnP renderers don't really report this information, so visualizations would be horribly imprecise, possibly way ahead of what you actually hear.

Reply #178
Hello

I'm very satisfied by the plugin and use it for months now.My media renderer is a Denon DRA 100 and it works perfectly

Is there a way to have the stream title to display dynamic information like %title% or %artist% or both ?

Great plugin

Hello,

Any possibility to have and answer to this question or an evolution made to the component ?

Thanks in advance

Reply #179
Hello

Great plugin

Hello,

Any possibility to have and answer to this question or an evolution made to the component ?

Thanks in advance

Hi,

Anyone hoping a new version of this component ?
Requested functionnality : to have the stream title to display dynamic information like %title% or %artist% or both ?

Thanks in advance

• Peter
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
Reply #180
New version posted. Issues with specific devices have been addressed.

No title display yet. I'll investigate the possibility of doing so for a future update, but I'm not sure if this can be done at all without adverse side effects such as introducing gaps between tracks.

@saulgoodman
An attempted fix for Arcam incompatibility has been added - please enable the ssdp:all option in advanced preferences and see if it helps - as the Arcam device is clearly not responding to our searches for MediaRenderer devices. If this doesn't help, I'll try to come up with another workaround.
  • Last Edit: 29 November, 2017, 08:07:33 AM by Peter

• pmar999
  • [*]
Reply #181
Hi Peter,
I have been a new foobar2000 user for 6 months now, great software; (I switched from MediaMonkey). I use foobar2000 as PC audio server, serving audio to a Yamaha RN602 player (also a great product). Works well. YES I would be delighted also if UPnP Output plugin can dispatch the usual title formating like "$if2(%title%-%artist%,foobar2000 stream)". If you decide to study it, may be have a look also at returning also the selected audio artwork (embedded/separated) to any device linked to the UPnP playing device;
I explain the situation case: PC foobar2000 to UPnP playing device (Yamaha), and smartphone connected app (MusicCast app) showing updated track (title + artwork) would be ideal... thanks for the excellent work already achieved.

Reply #182

No title display yet. I'll investigate the possibility of doing so for a future update, but I'm not sure if this can be done at all without adverse side effects such as introducing gaps between tracks.

@saulgoodman
An attempted fix for Arcam incompatibility has been added - please enable the ssdp:all option in advanced preferences and see if it helps - as the Arcam device is clearly not responding to our searches for MediaRenderer devices. If this doesn't help, I'll try to come up with another workaround.
Peter,
Many thanks to have restarted the development.
Hope there will be no side effect. Worth a try from my point of view
Impatient to have the hapiness to download another new version
Many thanks for all your effort
Best regards

Reply #183

@saulgoodman
Peter,
Many thanks to have restarted the development.
Hope there will be no side effect. Worth a try from my point of view
Impatient to have the hapiness to download another new version
Many thanks for all your effort
Best regards

Peter

"so far so good" with the lastest version downloaded a few days back and installed

My DLNA renderer is a DENON DRA 100

I waitng impateintly for the title display

Thanks in advance for your progress on this functionnality

Best regards

• antares
  • [*][*][*]
Reply #184
Hi,
I have tried out UPnP MediaRenderer output and I'm really impressed. So far, it works perfect except playing dsf-files. Needless to say, that I have installed Super Audio CD Decoder.
When I choose in preferences > SACD > output mode: DSD and start playing, the seekbar button starts, but there is no output. UPnP Renderer is a Bricasti M1, which is displayed in output as DSD : UPnP : M1 an which is able to playback DSD, which is done wit DoP. If I choose in preferences > SACD > output mode: PCM, it works. But I dont want a DSD to PCM conversion, as DoP is true DSD. Will output mode: DSD be supported in the future?

Martin