Skip to main content

Topic: linux audio player (Read 4821 times) previous topic - next topic

• danbee
  • [*][*][*]
linux audio player
i'm looking for a good audio player that runs under linux.  specifically it needs to support gapless playback.  i've tried xmms but it doesn't appear to do gapless...

thanks...
Dan

• nihues
  • [*]
linux audio player
Reply #1
use the crossfade plugin for xmms, works very well
This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time!

• danbee
  • [*][*][*]
linux audio player
Reply #2
ah, thanks!  emerging xmms-crossfade now.  i should have looked a bit harder...
Dan

• danbee
  • [*][*][*]
linux audio player
Reply #3
does xmms support replaygain?  i've done a bit of poking around but i can't seem to find anything that says 'xmms supports replaygain'.  i'm using vorbisgain to replaygain my files.
Dan

• userXYZ
  • [*][*][*]
linux audio player
Reply #4
does xmms support replaygain?  i've done a bit of poking around but i can't seem to find anything that says 'xmms supports replaygain'.  i'm using vorbisgain to replaygain my files.

The Vorbis-Plugin currently doesn't show options for replaygained files, so I assume it's not supported.

[span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%']EDIT[/span] At least plugins for Musepack, FLAC and MP3 support replaygained files.
  • Last Edit: 24 May, 2003, 12:20:32 PM by userXYZ

• dch
  • [*]
linux audio player
Reply #5

The Vorbis-Plugin currently doesn't show options for replaygained files, so I assume it's not supported.

The Vorbis plugin in 1.2.7 doesn't support ReplayGain, but the CVS version does.

What I do is just compile libvorbis.so from XMMS's CVS and overwrite 1.2.7's copy that lives in /usr/lib/xmms/Input (at least in Debian).

I don't use pure CVS XMMS because it's still got some bug that causes IPC to lock the player up.  That is to say, if I've got an xmms already running, and I run "xmms somefile", the player will lock up.