Skip to main content

Topic: How to build an executable from SDK/foobar2000/foo_sample? (Read 2115 times) previous topic - next topic

How to build an executable from SDK/foobar2000/foo_sample?
Using a trial version of Visual Studio 2010 and the instructions here http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index....st&p=767596 I was able to get  SDK/foobar2000/foo_sample to compile under Debug mode for Win32.

Here's the last few lines from the Output of Visual Studio

5>  Generating Code...
5>Link:
5>    Creating library C:\Users\me\Desktop\SDK\foobar2000\foo_sample\Debug\foo_sample.lib and object C:\Users\me\Desktop\SDK\foobar2000\foo_sample\Debug\foo_sample.exp
5>LinkEmbedManifest:
5>  foo_sample.vcxproj -> C:\Users\me\Desktop\SDK\foobar2000\foo_sample\Debug\foo_sample.dll
5>FinalizeBuildStatus:
5>  Deleting file "Debug\foo_sample.unsuccessfulbuild".
5>  Touching "Debug\foo_sample.lastbuildstate".
5>
5>Build succeeded.
5>
5>Time Elapsed 00:00:07.09
========== Build: 5 succeeded, 0 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

I dug around C:\Users\me\Desktop\SDK\foobar2000\foo_sample\Debug but I was unable to find an executable.  I was under the impression that building foo_sample would result in an executable that would run foobar_sample.

How do I go about building an executable for foo_sample (I'm new to visual studio and c++ and would really appreciate a play-by-play?)

EDIT

I tried the same with with Release mode for Win32 and checked the C:\Users\me\Desktop\SDK\foobar2000\foo_sample\Release folder but I did not see an .exe file
  • Last Edit: 15 September, 2012, 07:41:48 PM by LedZeppelin

• Zao
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Developer (Donating)
How to build an executable from SDK/foobar2000/foo_sample?
Reply #1
The SDK is for making components (plugins) for the foobar2000 application. Put them in your foobar2000 profile's user_components/foo_whatever directory.
You can point Project Properties -> Debugging -> Executable to your foobar2000.exe to launch it from the debugger.
Zao shang yong zao nong zao rang zao ren zao.
To, early in the morning, use a chisel to build a bathtub makes impatient people hot-tempered.