Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Better error message and error handling (Read 869 times) previous topic - next topic

Better error message and error handling

(Guess if 'bugs' such as Spaces before B, KB, MB, GB, TB can be fixed, then this is worth reporting as well. Also, I probably should have posted this here in the first place.)

First, please change the ugly titlebar error message displayed in such cases (see screenshot below). Something like "Failed to update some file tags"  would be perfectly acceptable IMO.

Second issue is, if Foobar fails to update tags on pressing OK or Apply in the Properties dialog, besides the titlebar error message an Information window also pops up saying "Could not update tags..." (again see screenshot above). That's all very nice and as it should be. But if I press Cancel in the Properties dialog above, I get this:

What's the point of this redundant Save changes dialog? Obviously you can't press Yes, since you'll get the exact same Information window as before. Also, I don't see this confirmation dialog when I successfully change the metadata of files, so why is this dialog displayed only when tag updating failed and you cannot possibly save changes?