Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Need better library connect (Read 2519 times) previous topic - next topic

Need better library connect

I have FB2K running on a 2nd PC (Acer I7 Ultrabook)  and all of my drives are on the network running off my main PC.  Both running W7 64.  The problem is that why I hybernate the laptop or reboot the main PC while the laptop is playing, then the Media Libraries all show "error" and I have to one by one (there are a lot of folders) right mouse and rescan each - a royal pain.

Is there a solution for this problem?

If not, could you not check for an error condition say once every 5 minutes and then initiate a auto-rescan.

If not, a scan all button would at least lesson the pain.

Thanks!

Reply #1
You can initiate a manual rescan via Preferences/Media Library/Right click on folder/Rescan now. Alternatively you can set up a keyboard shortcut to do the same.

I'm also pretty sure restarting foobar does the job as well.

Reply #2
You can initiate a manual rescan via Preferences/Media Library/Right click on folder/Rescan now. Alternatively you can set up a keyboard shortcut to do the same.

I'm also pretty sure restarting foobar does the job as well.

Yes you are correct on both cases - that is what I have been doing - right clicking on all 10 folders and rescaning.  I would just like 1 button to do it all or better some smarts to do a retry every 5 or 10 minutes on the error condition (Peter?).  Restarting means having to stop listening.

Reply #3
Did you try using the shortcut? It says 'Rescan folders', which should mean it rescans all of your folders at once. If that's not the case, is there anything stopping you from storing all your music in one place?

And as far as I understood you get your data from the other PC, which means you are forced to stop listening anyway if that shuts down.

Reply #4
"Rescan folders", besides via a keyboard shortcut, can also be accessed by
  • Shift + Library (menu bar)
  • As a button command

Reply #5
Did you try using the shortcut? It says 'Rescan folders', which should mean it rescans all of your folders at once. If that's not the case, is there anything stopping you from storing all your music in one place?

And as far as I understood you get your data from the other PC, which means you are forced to stop listening anyway if that shuts down.

The Shortcut did the trick!  Ctrl -R for me!  THANKS!

It would have been nice to add a button on the library page.

I keep my media on 4 - 3TB disks.  And on some of my Main music folders I have music I don't want in FB2K yet.  So that is what complicates things.  I have never turned that system off.

One big improvement would be to really clean up the library threads from the main player as startup is still a bit painful, and if I am doing any major maintenance on those drives, FB2K will still hang at times.

Reply #6
I would just put all your music on one drive and exclude/separate folders you don't need via titleformatting.

If the drive(s) lag(s) under heavy load increasing the buffer length (Preferences/Playback/Output) might help.