Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Problem with playback of certain songs after installing skin (Read 1614 times) previous topic - next topic

Problem with playback of certain songs after installing skin

So I installed this "Shine" theme here from DeviantArt and I'm noticing that a lot of the songs that were originally in my library are no longer present, and cannot be added again. I'm brand new to foobar and was wondering if someone could help me with this? I'm guessing one of the components or configurations within the skin in causing this, but I don't know enough about the program to recognize which it is. I would post this on the theme page, but the author hasn't posted in a while so I figure I will get help faster here...

Also, if someone could tell me which configuration file in this skin is changing the equilizer settings (it sounds significantly different when I install this theme and I really like it) and possibly how to just extract those settings without using this theme that would be awesome 

Thank you in advance!

Problem with playback of certain songs after installing skin

Reply #1
Support for skins is best received from the author. From a quick look at DeviantArt there are few if any pending questions - so I would not conclude you can not  receive help there.  Using a heavily modified skin with little knowledge of Foobar2000 oftentimes leads to all sort of issues. Hard to assist without the exact same skin installed in exactly the same manner.

Library functionality is quite basic and you should be able to adjust via standard foobar2000 preferences - reached directing from the main menu.  Equalizer settings are easily seen by opening the equalizer from the main menu. It does seem that author has hidden the menu though. Ctl+P might get you to preferences. No telling what gets you the main menu.

Skin sound may also be affected by DSP's loaded so you might as well check in there once you figure has to get to preferences.

Main advice would be to dump the skin, spend some time learning foobar2000 and listen to music via ears