Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foobar cant play my 6 channel sound wave (Read 4427 times) previous topic - next topic

foobar cant play my 6 channel sound wave

hi

im new in this forum and foobar2000

i have generated a 6 channel sound wave using genwav6 software.
the foobar was installed with wasapi output.
and i had set the output from the "preferences" to WASAPI:speakers(usb audio device).
i trying to play the sound wave i generated in the foobar2000. but it kept showing me "Unrecoverable playback error: Unsupported stream format:44100 Hz/16-bit/6 channels"

the sound wave i generated was 6-channels pcm 16 bit, 44100hz.
i have set the buffer lenth to 50ms and output data format to 16-bit.
so anyone can help me to tackle this issue so that i can play the 6-channel sound wave i generated?

thanks

Reply #1
Does it play with directsound output?

What soundcard are you using?
Who are you and how did you get in here ?
I'm a locksmith, I'm a locksmith.

Reply #2
Does it play with directsound output?

What soundcard are you using?

yup it can play with directsound output.

i check in the device manager under "sound video and game controllers" categories
it has IDT high definition audio codec, NVDIA high defination audio and usb device.

any idea bro?

thanks

Reply #3
Use DirectSound. Your tiny WASAPI output buffer suggests that you followed some misguided advice about the benefits of WASAPI.
It's only audiophile if it's inconvenient.

Reply #4
Use DirectSound. Your tiny WASAPI output buffer suggests that you followed some misguided advice about the benefits of WASAPI.

no bro, i need  to run it in wasapi.

Reply #5
Can your USB audio device play 6ch audio at all? Do you have 6 speakers connected to it? Most USB devices are only stereo. You might need to use the "Convert 5.1 to stereo" DSP.

Reply #6
Can your USB audio device play 6ch audio at all? Most are only stereo. You might need to use the "Convert 5.1 to stereo" DSP.

yea. my usb audio is stereo. that means i cnt play the sound wave? and hav to set in dsp?

Reply #7
You'll need a Convert 5.1 to stereo DSP in your chain.

Reply #8
You'll need a Convert 5.1 to stereo DSP in your chain.

done.
bro, i had generated the 5.1 channel soundwave, played using stereo output. i had recorded the played stereo soundwave. is there anyway to convert back the recorded stereo soundwave to the 5.1 channel soundwave so that i can compare the genereted soundwave and played soundwave?

thanks.

Reply #9
is there anyway to convert back the recorded stereo soundwave to the 5.1 channel soundwave so that i can compare the genereted soundwave and played soundwave?
No. The information about the original channel mapping is lost.
It's only audiophile if it's inconvenient.