Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Vorbis comment being written in lower cases? (Read 1033 times) previous topic - next topic

Vorbis comment being written in lower cases?

I've noticed that as of version 1.1.13 (I guess) the metadata in FLAC files written by Foobar is now all lower case. Today I was about to open a flac file in sound forge and noticed that the application did not read the title tag in some of my recent files created with the converter.

I know all about the vorbis comments not being case sensitive, but I'd love to keep the metadata of such files in upper case for maximum compatibility. How can I restore the old behaviour?

Thanks in advance for any help and/or clarification regarding this issue.

Peace,

Edu.

Reply #1
I cannot reproduce this. foobar2000 writes out an all uppercase TITLE tag when I try to apply one. In fact, even if I apply a lowercase title tag with metaflac, reload with foobar2000, then rewrite it, it will still come out all uppercase.

Reply #2
I just found what happened:

For some reason some conversion from WAV to FLAC has caused the issue. I then ripped some CDs I'm yet to migrate to digital FLAC tracks and everything worked as expected. Solved the "mistagged" tracks with MP3Tag.

Anyway, thanks. Glad it is not an FB2K fault.