Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Search library for technical information (Read 1029 times) previous topic - next topic

Search library for technical information

"Note that you can't access technical information (such as codec specifications) or component-provided information (playback statistics and such) this way."

Is there a component or other way to search the library for this information?  Or do I need to make my own tag to fill in the relevant information?

Reply #1
That only refers to the simple syntax for metadata fields, right above the part you quoted:

If <field> HAS, IS, GREATER, LESS, EQUAL does not include any of #$% characters, it will be treated as a metadata field.
Example: artist IS Radiohead (...)

It simply means that you cannot, for example, use: codec IS FLAC.
Instead, other information is available through title formatting:

%codec% IS FLAC
%last_played% DURING LAST 2 WEEKS
%replaygain_track_gain% MISSING

For some technical information, there are no title formatting fields, so $info has to be used, for example:

"$info(encoding)" IS lossless

Note the quotation marks that are required for parentheses.

Reply #2
Ah, I didn't know quotation marks were needed around $info(whatever).  Thanks.  (I tried without and obvious got nothing)