Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: How do I display last played date on my playlist UI (Read 2022 times) previous topic - next topic

How do I display last played date on my playlist UI

I'm using the columns UI, and am having trouble getting the lastplay'ed column to display anything.
[%xxx%] , for xxx= last_played, lastplayed, lastplay, _lastplay_, last_play_sql don't seem to display anything.

But my Item Prop page shows the last played info -- I had same problem with ratings until I switched
to using 'meta(rating)'... but I that's only because my songs had their ratings stored in their meta tags
for compat from/for other players... dunno about a lastplayed field...it's weird that it displays in props, but
no idea where it is coming from or what field it is using.

Thanks

Reply #1
I think the square brackets mean don't show anything if it doesn't exist. So try removing those. %xxx%

EDIT: Oh I just remembered.
You might need this component
http://www.foobar2000.org/components/view/foo_playcount

You'd have to use %last_played%

Reply #2
You might want to look here or also here. Would save you from wasting time guessing syntax.

Reply #3
I think the square brackets mean don't show anything if it doesn't exist. So try removing those. %xxx%

EDIT: Oh I just remembered.
You might need this component
http://www.foobar2000.org/components/view/foo_playcount

You'd have to use %last_played%

Well, if it makes it weirder, the playcount is displayed correctly.

I have that component installed as well as playcount_sql...I'm suspecting playcount_sql may be the culprit, as when I try
to query the db about most frequently played or other such,... i come up with nothing.

You might want to look here or also here. Would save you from wasting time guessing syntax.

It was those pages that lead me to getting rating and playcount working.  Their information didn't
work for last_played.

Have tried it w/o brackets and no change.  not eve a question mark like I saw before getting ratings to work..

does the playcount_sql thing work?  or do I need something besides the extension to make it work?

---
I just deleted the sql extention and the last played field is now displaying normally.

Guess that one doesn't work so well...

thanks,

Reply #4
i would think that you guess wrong.  Using a syntax designed for one component would hardy be expected to work for another.

As you now have a working configuration, it may be best to leave it alone. However, if you want to use foo_playcount_sql, i would suggest that reviewing its thread/documentation and using the appropriate syntax would go a long way towards it working just fine.

Reply #5
i would think that you guess wrong.  Using a syntax designed for one component would hardy be expected to work for another.

As you now have a working configuration, it may be best to leave it alone. However, if you want to use foo_playcount_sql, i would suggest that reviewing its thread/documentation and using the appropriate syntax would go a long way towards it working just fine.

Oh?

I used last_played_sql, as IT documented, so your assumptions that I hadn't read that documentation, just like your assumptions that I hadn't read the previous documentation would be wrong -- which I tried to make obvious in my original post by including the valid (as some invalid) syntaxes for getting the information -- including the syntax that works with foo_playcount as well as the one that
works with foo_playcount_sql.  With foo_playcount_sql, neither syntax worked.

Remove it, and it just started working (well, almost, displayed a ? which was more than I got before, as I still had the sql syntax
in that field, but changing it to the non sql syntax... and voila!..

So.. I think my guess about _sql not working was spot on.  It may work for you, but it wasn't working for me -- with it's syntax.
But I couldn't find anyplace about whether or not I needed to setup some sort of external database for it or if the plug was self-contained.  That may be why it was not working in my setup.  dunno.

Reply #6
You may very well be correct. Glad you have an option that is working. By the way did you install the required dependencies?
The following libraries must be installed prior of running:
Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 SP1 Redistributable Package (x86)
Microsoft SQL Server Compact 3.5 Service Pack 1

Reply #7
You may very well be correct. Glad you have an option that is working. By the way did you install the required dependencies?
The following libraries must be installed prior of running:
Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 SP1 Redistributable Package (x86)
Microsoft SQL Server Compact 3.5 Service Pack 1

---
I'm not about the former really, but I have 8 versions of the C++ 2008 Redistributable, numbered
from as low as 9.0.30729 to as high as 9.0.30729.6161.
Just a 'WAG', but I bet .30729 = sp1, but with 8 versions installed (all required by various
pieces of sw apparently, that all rely on features different between each patch version?!?!
(ARG!!!).....

The second .. more problematic as it's not supported -- about 6 months ago(?)
I think it was EOL'd and I was upgraded to 4.0.. so have SQL Server Native Client
and Server Setup Support files....maybe that was the issue... but then I don't
know if I could get 3.5 running or not considering I was "MS-updated to the next
version.  I'm on Win7x64 -- might be different on WinXP or Vista...

But I had to hope it would be compat or issue an error message -- as I didn't
seem to have alot of choices.. ;-/

(and as you said... have something working now, so probably don't want to break it! ;-))