Skip to main content

Topic: Possible file-locking issue when applying ReplayGain to MP3s (Read 727 times) previous topic - next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
  • mjb2006
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Possible file-locking issue when applying ReplayGain to MP3s
foobar2000 version: 1.1.10
platform: Win7 Pro 64-bit, 3.1 GHz quad core Intel i5-2400, 4 GB RAM

Sometimes when I apply ReplayGain to a set of files, there seems to be a file locking issue. I get a dialog saying one of the files is in use. This happens unpredictably, only once in a while.

This most recent time it happened, I just dragged an album's worth of MP3s into the playlist, album-gain scanned them, and did an apply of album gain to the selected files. I hadn't played any of them or opened them in other apps or anything. The first file in the set was supposedly in use, so it didn't get changed...at least, the tags weren't changed. I didn't think to check to see if album gain had actually been applied. Anyway, after the initial failure on that one file, I applied RG to it separately, and it was fine, no "file in use" warnings.

To test again, I tried editing the RG data to give them all an album gain of +4. Then I tried applying RG again, but it worked, no warnings. So like I said, it's only happening occasionally.

I'd be happy to help test further, but I don't know what else I can do. I just figured I'd post and make the developers aware of the potential issue.

  • mjb2006
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Possible file-locking issue when applying ReplayGain to MP3s
Reply #1
Just had it happen again, this time with 4 files "in use" out of a set of 12. I rescanned the 4 files and found they hadn't been touched, so it's happening before they even get their global gain fields modified.
  • Last Edit: 18 June, 2012, 10:03:26 PM by mjb2006

  • kode54
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
Possible file-locking issue when applying ReplayGain to MP3s
Reply #2
Try logging with Process Monitor to see if anything else is accessing the files.

  • Caipi2
  • [*]
Possible file-locking issue when applying ReplayGain to MP3s
Reply #3
I have the same problems with FLAC-files, appling ReplyGain since V1.1.12 (V1.1.13 has the same error). The scanning is much slower than in V1.1.11. Sometimes it crashes.

V1.1.11 works stable. I downgraded foobar to V1.1.11