Skip to main content

Topic: How can I copy tags from one MP3 to another MP3 easily? (Read 1823 times) previous topic - next topic

• audiofox
  • [*]
How can I copy tags from one MP3 to another MP3 easily?
Edit: sorry, I am really tired and totally wrote this the wrong way but I can't edit the title. I  meant, how to copy tags from one mp3 to another mp3 easily.

Is there a way to do this? For example I have numerous mp3s with complete info, then some from the same album without. If I highlight them and try to tag them, it does show the properties (as multiple values), but then there seems to be no way to select from the values. If I click in the window to try to choose or right click it just blanks out the values. Is there something I'm missing? Thanks so much...

Another Edit: I just read the page on how to copy tags, the only problem is that it adds the title of the tag (Like, when I copied the comment, since there were multiple tags, it actually copied like this in the front - "Comment : «multiple values»". Of course I can delete it, but I'm not sure if maybe I'm just doing something wrong.
  • Last Edit: 07 June, 2012, 08:50:20 PM by audiofox

• Ouroboros
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #1
Right click on the tag name, and select Edit. Pick the value you want, Control C to copy, then select the "Single Value" tab and Control V to paste the value.

Alternatively, use MP3Tag - it allows you to pick from a drop-down menu with all of the values for that field.
  • Last Edit: 07 June, 2012, 08:54:56 PM by Ouroboros

• audiofox
  • [*]
Reply #2
Right click on the tag name, and select Edit. Pick the value you want, Control C to copy, then select the "Single Value" tab and Control V to paste the value.

Alternatively, use MP3Tag - it allows you to pick from a drop-down menu with all of the values for that field.

Thanks so much!!! I wish it was a little easier to get to that stage (like right clicking in the fields) but that works

• db1989
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Moderator
Reply #3
You can select multiple fields at once: in the leftmost column (i.e. field name), click the first, hold shift, click the second, and finally right-click within the selected area and choose Copy.

Then you can just paste into the metadata box for the targeted files, via right-clicking in the same area and selecting Paste.

Of course, the right-click options can be replaced by their corresponding keyboard shortcuts, as long as the right window/area has focus.

Another Edit: I just read the page on how to copy tags, the only problem is that it adds the title of the tag (Like, when I copied the comment, since there were multiple tags, it actually copied like this in the front - "Comment : «multiple values»". Of course I can delete it, but I'm not sure if maybe I'm just doing something wrong.
Yeah, I think you probably pasted directly into the text-box for the field value, rather than into the metadata area in general.
  • Last Edit: 08 June, 2012, 05:37:32 AM by db1989