Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: MP3 data from AVI (Read 3329 times) previous topic - next topic

MP3 data from AVI

Hi,
Does anybody know of an utility that can be used to extract the MP3 data from a DivX AVI? And I mean extracting the MP3 file, not the audio data into WAV. I've tried to extract it into the WAV using VirtualDub, but apparently the data is somehow corrupted, because the decoder ACM reports an error and halts near the end of the file, leaving me with an incomplete WAV.
I thought that having the MP3 data extracted intact might give me more chances to decode the MP3 using a command-line decoder, Winamp or whatever and not through ACM; but I haven't found a way to do that.
I know this might be kinda off-topic and I should be posting this in Afterdawn or Doom9 forums, but first I am not registered there and secondly I know people here tend to be knowledgeable about many topics and so someone might have a clue.
Thanks,

~Dologan

MP3 data from AVI

Reply #2
Virtual Dub Mod 1.5.1.1a will do it all. Just open the movie and look at the stream list select mp3 track and demux it. It's also working with the other formats (AC3, VBR MP3, OGM).

[span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%']edit: I've changed the link. Thanx, userXYZ![/span]

MP3 data from AVI

Reply #4
Thanks for the help!
I ended up not extracting the MP3 (VBR, btw) data from the AVI, because VirtualDubMod's built-in MP3 decoding engine managed to decode it to WAV just fine. No demuxing was needed.
Thx again.

~Dologan

MP3 data from AVI

Reply #5
I've tried to extract it into the WAV using VirtualDub, but apparently the data is somehow corrupted, because the decoder ACM reports an error and halts near the end of the file, leaving me with an incomplete WAV.

Hi,

The save wave feature in VirtualDub will save the audio stream to a wav container.  This file has a RIFF header but will contain the audio data in whatever form it was in (mp3, ac3, etc.).  CDex will strip this header for you.
Gur svggrfg funyy fheivir lrg gur hasvg znl yvir. Jr zhfg ercrng.