Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Special fields: full path to parent directory (Read 1168 times) previous topic - next topic

Special fields: full path to parent directory

I needed access to the full path of the parent directory where a flac image of a rip is located in order to pass it to CUETools for verification. To my surprise only the parent directory name is available via the special field %directoryname% but not the full path to that parent directory. I see that under properties there I have "folder name" which is exactly what I need. So I've tried $info(foldername) and $info(folder name) but both didn't work.

Q: is there an easy way to have the absolute path to the parent directory where a flac image file is located? Else this would be a really good variable/field to have in a future version of foobar2000.

Special fields: full path to parent directory

Reply #1
Oops - just saw that there is a $directory_path(X) function which does exactly the job - never mind....