Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: a dream: video framerate presets for audio conversion (Read 1313 times) previous topic - next topic

a dream: video framerate presets for audio conversion

Hi!

I registered into this forum just to make the humble request to put more focus on movie soundtrack transcoding regarding the future development of my favorite music player.

Program which focused on transcoding movie soundtracks, BeSweet is long ago out of development and it doesn’t run well anymore in Windows 7. It had nice and foolproof presets for stretching audio tracks to match video lengths caused by different frame rates. Mostly it is a matter of PAL speed-up, but there are other less common transcoding variations as well (like for example between 24fps and 23,679fps, which can also make a considerable difference in terms of audio/video mismatch). Unfortunately I couldn’t find any good alternative to BeSweet GUI.

Wouldn’t it be nice if such soundtrack transcoding presets as in BeSweet, were integrated into Foobar2000? One can quess that it could only make Foobar2000 even more popular.

I do almost all my audio converting with Foobar, as it supports so many different formats. To stretch the soundtracks I use Avidemux, but it is somewhat clumsy in terms of audio transcoding, there are only two frame rate possibilities: 25fps and 23,679, and it decodes only three external formats (AC3,MP3, WAV). Sometimes it cuts audio track shorter, if it’s a bit longer than video and still needs some delay fix.

in spe
henno

Reply #1
With foo_input_avs (Foobar Avisynth Decoder) I think you can use the following Avisynth scripts:

Code: [Select]
NicAc3Source("sample.ac3")

# SlowDown 24->23.976 #
SSRC(last, (AudioRate()*1001+500)/1000).AssumeSampleRate(AudioRate(last))

Code: [Select]
NicAc3Source("sample.ac3")

# SpeedUp 23.976->24 #
AssumeSampleRate(last, (AudioRate()*1001+500)/1000).SSRC(AudioRate(last))

I haven't fully tested it, so I'm not absolutely sure, but at least the amount of samples foobar reports correspond with the conversion.

Reply #2
or use pipe out to sox with appropriate command lines i assume, (/me would be interested in proper sox command lines for various cases as well).
PANIC: CPU 1: Cache Error (unrecoverable - dcache data) Eframe = 0x90000000208cf3b8
NOTICE - cpu 0 didn't dump TLB, may be hung