Skip to main content

Topic: How to convert FLAC to MP3 or some other iTunes-compatible format? (Read 848 times) previous topic - next topic

• mlauzon
  • [*]
How to convert FLAC to MP3 or some other iTunes-compatible format?
First off, I don't know if this is the proper part of the forum, if it isn't, can a mod please move it to the right section.

I've got a bunch of FLAC files, and I didn't know they couldn't be imported to my very first iPod Touch -- yes I've had an iPod before, but the U2 Edition -- anyeverway, how can I go about reencoding the FLAC files so that iTunes will then see them and import them so I can transfer them over to the iPod..?!
Michael

• db1989
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Moderator
Reply #1
First off, I don't know if this is the proper part of the forum, if it isn't, can a mod please move it to the right section.

That depends. Are you asking with specific reference to foobar2000?

• makuab
  • [*]
Reply #2

I've got a bunch of FLAC files, and I didn't know they couldn't be imported to my very first iPod Touch -- yes I've had an iPod before, but the U2 Edition -- anyeverway, how can I go about reencoding the FLAC files so that iTunes will then see them and import them so I can transfer them over to the iPod..?!

If you want to do it in foobar, download LAME Mp3 encoder windows binaries, and follow this guide.