Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Foobar2000 does not display cue sheet properly (Read 3152 times) previous topic - next topic

Foobar2000 does not display cue sheet properly

Hi.

I'm using Foobar2000 v1.1, and it does not display cue sheets correctly. It shows the album name for every track name of the song. When I play the song, it displays the track name correctly on the top bar (where the min, max, and close buttons are) The pre version 1 foobar2000 display it perfectly. For some reason I've let this slide for years. Now I'd like to fix this.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Reply #1
Reload the metadata for all affected tracks. It is only displaying the correct information on playback because the incorrect information was cached on the first load.

Reply #2
Reload the metadata for all affected tracks. It is only displaying the correct information on playback because the incorrect information was cached on the first load.

How do I do that? I tried reopening the cue file, but that didn't work.

Reply #3
reload the metadata from the relevant files. This can be done by selecting the files in the Media Library or Playlist, and opening the context menu (right mouse button) while holding down the shift key to show additional options. From the menu select Tagging->Reload Info from file(s) to reload the info of the selected files.

Reply #4
reload the metadata from the relevant files. This can be done by selecting the files in the Media Library or Playlist, and opening the context menu (right mouse button) while holding down the shift key to show additional options. From the menu select Tagging->Reload Info from file(s) to reload the info of the selected files.

I tried that. It didn't work.

Reply #5
I've seen similar, but not identical, behavior when a FLAC has an embedded cuesheet AND has (e.g.) the track title, track artist or track number tags set -- fb2k shows the tag versions of the title/artist/track# instead of what's in the embedded cuesheet, though it pulls out and uses the index points with no problems. In my case I never see the correct track titles in the title bar though. Leaving the track tags unset resolves it.

Reply #6
I've also had similar problems, with CUEs & MP3s. Load the file referred to by the CUE into a playlist, & edit its properties, tidying or removing the metadata. I'd also open the CUE in a text editor & check it.

Reply #7
In the spirit of the last two posts, the OP could now belatedly supply the important information of [1] whether the cue-sheet(s) in question is (are) external or embedded, and [2] to which format(s) of referenced file(s) this report applies.

Reply #8
In the spirit of the last two posts, the OP could now belatedly supply the important information of [1] whether the cue-sheet(s) in question is (are) external or embedded, and [2] to which format(s) of referenced file(s) this report applies.

These are external cue files. I have cue sheets that open flac and ape files.