Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Help...Problem with EAC cover Image when using Photohop. (Read 1898 times) previous topic - next topic

Help...Problem with EAC cover Image when using Photohop.

Hi, i'm having a problem when I drag my cover image into EAC, When I rip, the cover file get created but file format becomes "file" and not jpg. The file is not readable unless opened with a specific program such a paint brush or windows photo viewer.

This only happens when I edit the image file in photoshop cs5.

If I use the image file directly after scanning with Vuescan, there would be no problem.  If I edit the file using paint brush or anything else the file would be fine also.  Its only when I edit it in photoshop.

Does anyone know what the problem could be?  Thanks in advance.

Reply #1
What format are you saving the file as?

Photoshop can save in many different formats, including the usual .jpg or .bmp, but if you're saving it as a .psd (Photoshop's native format), EAC will have no idea what that is.
"Not sure what the question is, but the answer is probably no."

Reply #2
What format are you saving the file as?

Photoshop can save in many different formats, including the usual .jpg or .bmp, but if you're saving it as a .psd (Photoshop's native format), EAC will have no idea what that is.

I tried saving in many different formats, such as tiff. to .jpg.  jpg to jpg.  Each time it goes thru photoshop, this happens.  I have tried this setup with 3 different computers with the same results.  I'm quessing that EAC is not recognizing or compatible with photoshop cs5.

If someone can help me out by trying to import an image into photoshop cs5 and then save it.  Then use that image in the EAC window and rip a random cd.  Then see if the cover image gets created correctly.

I have even try hosting one of my file that has been edited through photoshop.  While in a web browser, I click save image and then try it through EAC. Same problem would occur.  I'm afraid to share my cover images as I don't want others to have any problems.

Reply #3
Use a good tagging program like Mp3tag to add covers. EAC is good as a ripper, but I wouldn't expect much else to work right. It's been in basically the same pre-beta, unfinished state for more than a decade.