Skip to main content

Topic: merging multiple flac's into a single flac with embedded cuesheet? (Read 3305 times) previous topic - next topic

• oxyman
  • [*]
merging multiple flac's into a single flac with embedded cuesheet?
Hello people, I'm totally new at this, so please excuse my ignorance.

I love flac quality, so in the past few months I have been collecting flac files, separated them using Foobar and deleted the cue sheet.

But lately I came to realise that a single flac file with an embedded cue sheet would look much neater than having multiple separate flac files.

So I would like to ask a few things.

1. How do I merge those separate flac files into a single flac file without adding any gap between files?

2. How do I generate a cue sheet from those multiple flac files?

3. How do I embed the cue sheet to that single flac file?

I tried to search on the net, but couldn't quite find any nice explanation.

By the way, Cuetools doesn't work on my windows (mine is Vista) and I don't know why, so I would prefer the method without using the Cuetools.

Thank you very much.

I appreciate it.

• Kohlrabi
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Moderator
Reply #1
Start foobar2000, select the relevant files, right-click to open the context menu and open the converter. There, set up a FLAC profile in Output format, and in the Destination submenu select Generate multi-track files. Also set up a proper output pattern. Then hit Convert and voilĂ , you got a single file FLAC with embedded chapters.
  • Last Edit: 25 January, 2012, 12:54:54 PM by Kohlrabi
It's only audiophile if it's inconvenient.

• oxyman
  • [*]
Reply #2
Start foobar2000, select the relevant files, right-click to open the context menu and open the converter. There, set up a FLAC profile in Output format, and in the Destination submenu select Generate multi-track files. Also set up a proper output pattern. Then hit Convert and voilĂ , you got a single file FLAC with embedded chapters.

Thanx a lot, it really works LOL