Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Adding "CONTENTGROUP" tag to cuesheet (Read 3002 times) previous topic - next topic

Adding "CONTENTGROUP" tag to cuesheet

Hi, everyone.

I want to add the tag "CONTENTGROUP" to the cuesheet, like itune's tag "GROUP".
----------

Now, I read the URL contents shown below.
http://wiki.hydrogenaudio.org/index.php?title=Cue_sheet

This URL says "in the format REM <TAG> "<value>". "
Therefore,  I tried to add the lines shown below ().
Code: [Select]
 REM <CONTENTGROUP> test
REM GROUP test
REM <CONTENTGROUP> test
REM <GROUP> test
and so on.

But these lines were not recognized.

Is there the way to use the tag "GROUP"?

[Supplement]
I already have used the tag "GENRE".
I want to use another tag.

Best regards.

Reply #1
The only custom fields foobar2000 will read from REM lines are those written by EAC: DATE, GENRE, COMMENT, and DISCID.

Why? Apparently using REM lines in this way constitutes non-standard usage that goes beyond the purpose of cue-sheets, although it is a useful addition that is perfectly within the scope of the command and can be ignored by other apps. Besides, that just means foobar2000 is being selectively non-standard in this case. I have wondered aloud several times why it cannot just support any fields, but I have never seen a response from any of the developers.

Reply #2
You can work around the problem by formatting the strings in your <COMMENT> tag in such a way that it becomes more than one tag.

--- EXAMPLE ---

I have an album stored as  "Image+CUE", and here is how my"fb2k Playlist Viewer Grouping Line" displays the album:
Heart   ●   Greatest Hits   (1998)   ●   CD, Audio Fidelity #AFZ 119, 24K Gold Disc ©2011 ~ EAC v1.0b2        Rock / Hard-Rock, Classic-Rock, Contemporary-Rock / Female-Vocal

Have a look at the CUE sheet:
Code: [Select]
REM GENRE "Rock / Hard-Rock, Classic-Rock, Contemporary-Rock / Female-Vocal"
REM DATE 1998
REM COMMENT "<IDX>Heart</IDX/><PRODUCTID>CD, Audio Fidelity #AFZ 119, 24K Gold Disc ©2011 ~ EAC v1.0b2</PRODUCTID/><CREDITS>Lead Vocal — Ann Wilson    •    Harmony Vocal — Nancy Wilson    •    Background Vocals — Ann Wilson, Nancy Wilson, Frank Cox    •    Piano — Randy Waldman    •    Electric and Acoustic Guitars — Nancy Wilson    •    Bass — Jimmy Johnson    •    Drums — Carlos Vega    •    Percussion — Peter Asher    •    Compilation Produced by — Al Quaglieri, John Kalodner      •    Composed by — Aaaron Neville (track: 14)    •    Composed by — Led Zeppelin (track: 17)    •    Producer – Connie & Howie (tracks: 12, 13, 15), Heart (tracks: 10, 11, 14, 17), Mike Flicker (tracks: 2 to 13)    |||    Mastered By – Steve Hoffman</CREDITS/>"
PERFORMER "Heart"
TITLE "Greatest Hits"
FILE "01.cue.wv" WAVE
  TRACK 01 AUDIO
    TITLE "Strong, Strong Wind"
    INDEX 01 00:00:00
  TRACK 02 AUDIO
    TITLE "Magic Man"
    INDEX 01 04:30:68
  TRACK 03 AUDIO
    TITLE "Crazy on You"
    INDEX 01 09:59:51
  TRACK 04 AUDIO
    TITLE "Dreamboat Annie"
    INDEX 01 14:54:67
  TRACK 05 AUDIO
    TITLE "Barracuda"
    INDEX 01 18:44:07
  TRACK 06 AUDIO
    TITLE "Little Queen"
    INDEX 01 23:06:41
  TRACK 07 AUDIO
    TITLE "Kick It Out"
    INDEX 01 28:19:22
  TRACK 08 AUDIO
    TITLE "Love Alive"
    INDEX 01 30:59:16
  TRACK 09 AUDIO
    TITLE "Heartless"
    INDEX 01 35:25:53
  TRACK 10 AUDIO
    TITLE "Straight On"
    INDEX 01 40:34:14
  TRACK 11 AUDIO
    TITLE "Dog & Butterfly"
    INDEX 01 45:45:21
  TRACK 12 AUDIO
    TITLE "Even It Up"
    INDEX 01 51:06:73
  TRACK 13 AUDIO
    TITLE "Bebe le Strange"
    INDEX 01 56:17:47
  TRACK 14 AUDIO
    TITLE "Tell It Like It Is    //composed by Aaaron Neville"
    INDEX 01 59:58:29
  TRACK 15 AUDIO
    TITLE "This Man Is Mine"
    INDEX 01 64:28:57
  TRACK 16 AUDIO
    TITLE "How Can I Refuse"
    INDEX 01 67:35:36
  TRACK 17 AUDIO
    TITLE "Rock and Roll (Live)    //composed by Led Zeppelin"
    INDEX 01 71:29:40

If I copy out the "standard" tags for track 1 from foobar2000 (using "Text Tools" component), and paste into a text file, I see:
================================================================================
    01. Strong, Strong Wind       [04:30.907]

<ARTIST>                           Heart
    <ALBUM ARTIST>   
    <ALBUM>                          Greatest Hits
    <DATE>                             1998
    <GENRE>                           Rock / Hard-Rock, Classic-Rock, Contemporary-Rock / Female-Vocal
    <COMMENT>                     <IDX>Heart</IDX/><PRODUCTID>CD, Audio Fidelity #AFZ 119, 24K Gold Disc ©2011 ~ EAC v1.0b2</PRODUCTID/><CREDITS>Lead Vocal — Ann Wilson   •   Harmony Vocal — Nancy Wilson   •   Background Vocals — Ann Wilson, Nancy Wilson, Frank Cox   •   Piano — Randy Waldman   •   Electric and Acoustic Guitars — Nancy Wilson   •   Bass — Jimmy Johnson   •   Drums — Carlos Vega   •   Percussion — Peter Asher   •   Compilation Produced by — Al Quaglieri, John Kalodner   •   Composed by — Aaaron Neville (track: 14)   •   Composed by — Led Zeppelin (track: 17)   •   Producer – Connie & Howie (tracks: 12, 13, 15), Heart (tracks: 10, 11, 14, 17), Mike Flicker (tracks: 2 to 13)     |||     Mastered By – Steve Hoffman</CREDITS/>
================================================================================

Apart from the Track# and TrackTitle, the info is the same for all tracks. As you can see, I am using the COMMENT tag to store 3 custom tags: ("IDX") and ("PRODUCTID") and ("CREDITS"). I can add as many custom tags into the COMMENT tag as I like.

Adding so much info into the COMMENT tag is actually useful for searching your database. Since the COMMENT tag is a standard tag, foobar2000 and ALL OTHER SOFTWARE will read this tag. Therefore, searching becomes a much more fine-grained and productive operation (for the CUE sheet user...).

Here is the title-formatting pattern used for my "fb2k Playlist Viewer Grouping Line" (note how it grabs the custom tags from the COMMENT tag):
//; --------- SET DEFAULT STRING COLOR
$rgb(120,190,240)

//; --------- IF NETWORK STREAM (Online Radio , etc)
//; --------- ELSE IF FILE
$if($strstr(%path%,'http:'),
'[URL]'['      '%title%]['      '$rgb(227,176,125)%genre%]['      '$rgb(173,173,190)$directory_path(%path%)],
$if2($trim(%album artist%),'%artist%')'   ●   '$if2($trim(%album%),'%album%')'   '$if2('('$trim(%date%)')','(%date%)')$if($strstr(%comment%,<PRODUCTID>),'   ●   '$substr(%comment%,$add($strstr(%comment%,<PRODUCTID>),$len(<PRODUCTID>)),$sub($strstr(%comment%,</PRODUCTID/>),1)),)'    '$rgb(227,176,125)$if2($trim(%genre%),'%genre%')'    '$rgb(173,173,190)$directory_path(%path%)
)

[!--sizeo:1--][span style=\"font-size:8pt;line-height:100%\"][!--/sizeo--]Note: I am using foobar2000 with alternative user interface "Columns UI", and the Playlist Viewer is the standard one provided with CUI (ie: "NG Playlist"). Also, "NG Playlist" allows infinite Horizontal scrolling (and Vertical scrolling) so I can use extremely long strings in my Playlist Viewer Groups. I don't know if it's possible to do this in Default User Interface ("DUI") ...that's another 'debatable' topic apart from this one![/size]

Reply #3
Dear db1989

>The only custom fields foobar2000 will read from REM lines are those written by EAC: DATE, GENRE, COMMENT, and DISCID.
Thank you.
My question is cleared by your answer.

>I have wondered aloud several times why it cannot just support any fields,
>but I have never seen a response from any of the developers.
I wish that foobar2000 supports some fields, too.

Dear derty2.

Thank you for your advice.
I will try to do according to your suggestion on my holiday.

-----

Best wishes throughout the coming year.

Reply #4
Hi, derty2.

And I try to add setting to control panels like shown below.
Therefore, my hope comes true!!

[Place]
Display-columns UI-<Filter>tag-Filter Setting

[Setting Contents]
$substr(%comment%,$add($strstr(%comment%,<GROUP>),$len(<GROUP>)),$sub($strstr(%comment%,</GROUP>),1)))

[Image]