Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Where has Lyrics Grabber gone? (Read 2206 times) previous topic - next topic

Where has Lyrics Grabber gone?

Hi!

Suddenly I can't access Lyrics Grabber menu in fb. Don't know what happen, I check for foo_lyricsgrabber2.dll in components folder and it's present. I see it still enabled in context menu items. Tho it no show any more? See the pictures, maybe I'm blind ;P but read the menu from top to bootom several times and don't see

Reply #1
I de-installed the lyricsgrabber2 because of heavy crashes mentioned in the online troubleshooter and because the vern had great success to make the lyricshow component an useable component. Few minutes after reading your post i installed the lyricsgrabber2 component and it appears in my context menu. So i can't say what's happening.

I don't know what you will do but i will de-install it now again for good reasons.

Reply #2
I see LG2 is pretty old so I try to remove it. Never had any crash with it though 
Is there a suitable replacement for LG2 at this moment? Ie. direct lyrics import from context menu.

Reply #3
Is there a suitable replacement for LG2 at this moment?

... the vern had great success to make the lyricshow component an useable component.
However, you have to get used that it doesn't have a feature to batch download lyrics.

Never had any crash with it though
Since nobody is working on the component it is difficult to say why it comes to heavy crashes. Maybe the python grabber functionality is responsible for that: that would explain why i also didn't experience any crashes so far because i don't use the python thing - who knows?