Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: [DOUBLE POSTS] Script/commands to sort artist/album artist (Read 1392 times) previous topic - next topic

[DOUBLE POSTS] Script/commands to sort artist/album artist

New to foobar, and it looks excellent, one feature that draws me to it, is the fact that i can put in multiple genre's, but im battling a bit with multiple artists, here is the deal.

I am using foobar with the Columns UI component (not sure if it makes a difference)

I am using the filter view( the one with Genre / Artist / Album) on the top.

I want to sort my music in a specific way, say for instance Bad Meets Evil's album, has two artists, Eminem and Royce Da 5'9'", so in the songs metadata, i have Artist as Eminem;Royce Da 5'9" and Album Artist is Bad Meets Evil.

I want the album to be displayed under Eminem, Royce and Bad Meets Evil, so if i go to Preference -> Display -> Colums UI -> Filter -> And make Artist's field Artist, the album shows under Eminem and Royce, but there is no Bad Meets Evil, if i change it to Album Artist, the album shows up under Bad Meets Evil, but not Eminem, or Royce. All to this far is quite understandable.

So i thought changing the filed to Artist;Album Artist would solve the problem, but it did not, it shows the artist, but not the album artist, and changing to Album Artist; Artist shows the album artist and not the two artist, so in other words, it reads the first field, but not the second.

How can i solve this?

[DOUBLE POSTS] Script/commands to sort artist/album artist

Reply #1
I posted this in one of the 'bundled' topics, but it seems that it got lost in there,

New to foobar, and it looks excellent, one feature that draws me to it, is the fact that i can put in multiple genre's, but im battling a bit with multiple artists, here is the deal.

I am using foobar with the Columns UI component (not sure if it makes a difference)

I am using the filter view( the one with Genre / Artist / Album) on the top.

I want to sort my music in a specific way, say for instance Bad Meets Evil's album, has two artists, Eminem and Royce Da 5'9'", so in the songs metadata, i have Artist as Eminem;Royce Da 5'9" and Album Artist is Bad Meets Evil.

I want the album to be displayed under Eminem, Royce and Bad Meets Evil, so if i go to Preference -> Display -> Colums UI -> Filter -> And make Artist's field Artist, the album shows under Eminem and Royce, but there is no Bad Meets Evil, if i change it to Album Artist, the album shows up under Bad Meets Evil, but not Eminem, or Royce. All to this far is quite understandable.

So i thought changing the filed to Artist;Album Artist would solve the problem, but it did not, it shows the artist, but not the album artist, and changing to Album Artist; Artist shows the album artist and not the two artist, so in other words, it reads the first field, but not the second.

How can i solve this?