Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foobar2000 1.1.8 + asus xonar essence stx asio problem (Read 5795 times) previous topic - next topic

foobar2000 1.1.8 + asus xonar essence stx asio problem

Hi there, i have little problem with ASIO playback.

Windows 7 pro/ 64 bit, foobar 1.1.8 and asus xonar essence stx with latest drivers (7.12.8.1794)

So i downloaded asio plugin for foobar and install it. Option for select asio playback device in preference/output just doesn't appear. Neither i cant choose asio virtual device cause this tab doesn't appear too ))
ASIO in winamp works, WMP also without problems.

Another playback devices KS and WASAPI work without any problem. Does anybody have any suggestions? )

Reply #1
You could try the WASAPI plugin (available in the components folder on the foobar site) if ASIO doesn't work, both will give you the same output.

Reply #2
are they realy same? Because i think i've heard a differnce between them. But maybe this was in my head only ))
Anyway, wasapi exclusive mode will disable all of the system sounds and any other output and this could be annoying enough in certain situations.
hope somebody knows the answer )

Reply #3
Maybe it's because of an old driver. A possibiblity would be to uninstall all sound drivers completely and then install the newest again.

KS gives you the same output as Asio, too btw...

Reply #4
are they realy same? Because i think i've heard a differnce between them. But maybe this was in my head only ))
There’s an easy way to be sure; read all about it as part of #8 of our Terms of Service, to which you agreed upon completing your registration.

Reply #5
Hi there, i have little problem with ASIO playback.

Windows 7 pro/ 64 bit, foobar 1.1.8 and asus xonar essence stx with latest drivers (7.12.8.1794)

So i downloaded asio plugin for foobar and install it. Option for select asio playback device in preference/output just doesn't appear. Neither i cant choose asio virtual device cause this tab doesn't appear too ))
ASIO in winamp works, WMP also without problems.

Another playback devices KS and WASAPI work without any problem. Does anybody have any suggestions? )

hi friend. I have all the same system settings as you and it works. the only way to make virtual device tab to show is to clicking that little bifurcation arrow which is on the left side of "output".  opening that, a empty box will show... you'll have to click Add New, so then select Xonar Essence STX ASIO. For last, you'll come back to Output and choose Xonar Essence STX ASIO that will show before the first DS.
If there's not the "bifurcation arrow"(sorry I don't know the name of that), you didn't install the plugin properly... try to do that again, not forgeting to actually click install after finding that in the components tab