Skip to main content

Topic: Radio hosts failing to announce song titles and artists (Read 1667 times) previous topic - next topic

• southisup
  • [*][*][*][*]
Radio hosts failing to announce song titles and artists
introducing or back-announcing every song ''would be annoying and fatiguing for our listeners''
From: Name that tune, by Jeff Jenkins, in The Age Green Guide, 2011/10/27.

Some good points, but I think actively discovering new music has become a minority interest.

• ojdo
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #1
I don't see how "radio" and "discovering new music" fit together. The major radio stations in my country play highly standardized pop/rock/singer-songwriter juice on rotation, heavily advertising every addition to their playlists as the new discovery by artist XYZ.

• southisup
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #2
Now, yes, but having grown up with John Peel on the radio I like to think it wasn't always the way things were. I imagine radio in the late sixties & early seventies was how the majority got to hear all the new music that was creating such waves. Perhaps I'm just romanticising.
  • Last Edit: 09 November, 2011, 07:12:16 AM by southisup

• Chibisteven
  • [*][*][*]
Reply #3
Simple: RDS compatiable radio that displays it in text.  Hear a new song, look at the display.  In fact if more radios had it as a basic feature, they would be less chatter between songs.