Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: fb2k0.61a unavailable from dl site (Read 4252 times) previous topic - next topic

fb2k0.61a unavailable from dl site

I cannot get fb2k to download from official dl site. Please help!

Reply #1
Works OK for me as long as I DON'T use a Download Manager or right click/save target as.
Master of Fate. By Fate Mastered

Reply #2
For me it works well when left-clicking, right-clicking and even when using a download manager..

Reply #3
Thankx to all for responding so quickly. I found that I had to disable my firewall to get fb2k to download. Previously I had not needed to do this. Thankx again for your help.

Reply #4
Some sort of "http://localhost/" error message is what I received when using Opera 6.05, however my download manager was able to download without any problems.

Reply #5
This is due to a server wide anti-hotlinking policy that HA is now using.  The redirection to localhost was a quick hack until I am able to make a standardized page to explain what is going on (maybe sometime tomorrow).

We've had to do this because of some other large sites linking directly to the files on the HA server.... sorry for the inconvenience this causes some of you.

If you have a firewall, you need to make sure that the HTTP_REFERER variable is still being passed through (same as with Opera or any other browsers which allow you to disable this), otherwise the download will not work.

Reply #6
GetRight stopped working at it's default referrer "Calculated from open web browser page" setting, but switching this to the second "Generated from the download URL" setting allows downloads to work again. Wonder if that'll screw up any other sites.

Reply #7
Probably not. In fact, that setting will effectively bypass these countermeasures should you click the links from the site of some linking offender.

Reply #8
The download doesn´t work for me either. Opera 6.05 just doesn´t get it, and doesn´t display any error message. I´ve tried to get it via ms explorer (keep using it for some problematic pages) but this doesn´t solve the problem.

After reading Dibrom´s post I tried again with the firewall switched off, but nothing changed. Kinda frustrated I am.

Reply #9
The download doesn´t work for me either. Opera 6.05 just doesn´t get it, and doesn´t display any error message. I´ve tried to get it via ms explorer (keep using it for some problematic pages) but this doesn´t solve the problem.

After reading Dibrom´s post I tried again with the firewall switched off, but nothing changed. Kinda frustrated I am.

In Opera, try hitting F12 and making sure that "enable referrer logging" is checked.  If it is, and you still can't download, and you're sure your firewall is disabled (only certain firewalls should block this anyway I think), then something else somewhere in your system is preventing this variable from showing up to the web server.

Reply #10
Finally I was able to get the file. I switched off the whole security suite (firewall, ad blockers and such) and ms iexplorer did the job.

On the other hand, Opera 6.05 (my default browser) couldn´t, even with the "enable referrer logging" option checked (I have that one always checked). Why? No idea. I wish I knew.