Skip to main content

Topic: Impedance matching Shure Beta 58A (Read 8571 times) previous topic - next topic

Impedance matching Shure Beta 58A
Reply #25
I have some questions about mic specs, I'll open a thread later on after doing some searching. Any recommendations for online resources about this?

The usual rule about mic specs is don't take them too seriously! ;-)

• andy o
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #26
I ended up getting the AT2035, found it for $100, I figured for $30 more, at least the integrated high-pass filter, pad and shock mount might come handy, even if I don't take the specs too seriously.

Reply #27
I ended up getting the AT2035, found it for $100, I figured for $30 more, at least the integrated high-pass filter, pad and shock mount might come handy, even if I don't take the specs too seriously.

The 2035 looks to be a 2020 with the two switches you mention.

One caution - I've tried to use mics like this as close-working vocal mics by adding a foam pop filter. In the end the pop filter did not stop the diaphragm from being coated with condensation from the vocalist. It was ruined.
  • Last Edit: 02 August, 2012, 01:53:55 PM by Arnold B. Krueger

• andy o
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #28
Thanks for the tip(s). I would never have considered that if you didn't tell me. Is this a problem with all such mics or just the way these particular AT ones are constructed? Is it one of the functions of the pop filter to prevent this, as well? I didn't get one cause I would not be using it for vocals closely.

The 2035 has a larger diaphragm as well, and if those specs are even a bit true it should be less noisy, though I don't know if I would notice it the way I'll be using it.