Skip to main content
Topic: Feature request: "true stereo" convolution reverb plugin (Read 5972 times) previous topic - next topic

Feature request: "true stereo" convolution reverb plugin

hi,
some reverb take advantage of two impulse responses, they convolve left & right with two different IR, and then recombine the results.
I guess this helps to "widen" the perceived stereo , or something like that.
Anyway, all current free convolver reverb plugin vst, support only a reverb with a single IR, applied to both channel;
and even the foobar plugin reverb I found , works with a single IR.
You can see here some diagrams , explaining further what is a "true stereo" convolution reverb:
http://www.liquidsonics.com/software_rever...true_stereo.htm

I'd love to see a free foobar reverb plugin , that supports " "true stereo" convolution reverb.
Currently already using a commercial vst , with a vst bridge inside foobar,
and with the  "true stereo"  m7 impulse response set (free), I  got from rhythminmind.net.
But it would nice to be able to share this experience with other people that do not wish to get a commercial vst;
moreover I'm sure it will work better (less crash, or memory consumption)  if it's supported directly by a foobar plugin.

Thanks

Reply #1
Could the Stereo Convolver be your solution?

Its homepage seems to require a login now, but I could upload the component here.
This is HA. Not the Jerry Springer Show.

Reply #2
Could the Stereo Convolver be your solution?

Its homepage seems to require a login now, but I could upload the component here.

Thanks, I  tried to use the login and password suggested on the page, and it didn't work.
Does it works with two impulse response ?  If it's only one, then that 's not what I want.
And why this login/password restricted access ?  I guess the author don't want his work to be redistributed.

EDIT: in fact it's two stereo IR, which means a total of four "mono" IR.

Reply #3
Does it works with two impulse response ?  If it's only one, then that 's not what I want.

Yes, it does.

And why this login/password restricted access ? I guess the author don't want his work to be redistributed.

If I remember correctly that original download address belongs to an educational establishment, which is also protected now. So I think it has rather not to do with its individual members and their wishes. Additionally, the zip file contains no hint that a distribution only from the developer's web site would be allowed. Therefore I have uploaded the component here; if moderators disagree they will remove it.

EDIT: in fact it's two stereo IR, which means a total of four "mono" IR.

I cannot check this at the moment, please test yourself.
This is HA. Not the Jerry Springer Show.

Reply #4
Thanks , but unfortunately there's a "gain mixer" setting on reverberate vst, that allows to control amount of effect , and keep the reverb subtle.
I'm not sure I understand how the "gain mixer" setting works (mixing result, with the original source probably ?)  , but  I cannot control amount of reverb effect in the "stereo convolver" plugin , which limit its usefulness. There's a "level adjustment" slider though on the stereo convolver foobar plugin, but I think it only decrease overall volume, in order to avoid clipping after applying the reverb effect.
Anyway, I cannot get same results as with reverberate vst.

Thanks for trying, anyway.

Reply #5
Have you tried the vst plugin in that case?

SimplePortal 1.0.0 RC1 © 2008-2019