Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Any Nurotic information taggers out there? (Read 2155 times) previous topic - next topic

Any Nurotic information taggers out there?

I've got some CDs which I plan to rip to ape, but then I will never have the chance to see the originals again.
So I wanted to record as much information about the CDs as possible. Information which is not normally kept on ID3, ape2 tags - such as the record company, record company's code for the CD, UPC #, CD pressing and release date.

Does anybody go this far (or farther?) or know if these is a program or form to complete this type of information.

If anyone does this I would greatly appreciate if you could list what type of information you record and how you manage this information.

Thanks

Note - This information can be stored in the tags or seperately, just as long as I have it

Reply #1
Note - This information can be stored in the tags or seperately, just as long as I have it

If you don't mind having it seperate, just make a 00-CD_info.txt file or something, and type it all in there.

Reply #2
Hi rejj

It's not that I don't know where to store the information, it is what type of information to store.
For example if you check the PiMP page you can see some of the type of information that is stored

as well as
6. - Appendix - <CDtype> - Different CD Types, (PiMP Tool will ask you this.)

CDS = CD Single : 1-4 tracks or up to 8 mixes.

EP = Extended Play (Often 4 tracks = Mini album): 2+ !note "EP" is rarely used today, use "CDM" instead =)

CDM = CD Maxi: often with extended/remixed versions not available on LP;

Megamix / Medley:
‘New’ track consisting of parts of several other tracks which are continuosly mixed together
etc...

This is the type of information I would like to store - I'm wondering if anyone does this or knows a system/program which records all this type of information