Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Reference for file operations-config? (Read 2753 times) previous topic - next topic

Reference for file operations-config?

Hi. I've been developing a tool for making file operations scripts in a more systematic way, using web technologies.

I'd like to export the result as an actual config-file - foo_fileops.dll.cfg. Where can I find a reference or source code for this binary format? Should I look somewhere in the SDK?

Thanks!

Reply #1
There is no documentation for this configuration file. As far as I know there is no programmatic way to import configurations into the foo_fileops component.

Reply #2
http://www.foobar2000.org/FAQ
Are specifications of foobar2000's configuration file format (.cfg) available? Why doesn't foobar2000 use some user-editable XML-based configuration file format instead?
The configuration file format is not meant to be interchangeable with other software or editable by users. Making it user-editable would result in third party component developers using it as an excuse not to provide proper user interface to change their components' settings, just like many components use title formatting as an excuse not to provide a more accessible way to customize them. Additionally, keeping the entire configuration file structure human-readable would result in slower startup/shutdown and code bloat as well as break compatibility with existing configuration files (or require even more bloat to import old settings).