Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: [not my release] Seek Control (Read 3502 times) previous topic - next topic

[not my release] Seek Control

Seek (foo_seek), developed by Hydrogenaudio user grimes, is a component that offers different ways of seeking inside one or more tracks. It provides three features:

Preview: This mode lets the user play their tracks as previews, whose length can be chosen in the options from several lengths (in seconds); there is also a default length defined in the preferences. Therefore, in contrast to foo_preview, the user can quickly change the preview length on-the-fly whilst listening to the previews. Furthermore, the user has the option to begin the preview from a given point where s/he has clicked or dragged the seekbar, rather than from a fixed point.

Fast Forward/Rewind: This feature imitates the behaviour of seeking inside an analogue tape: a part of the track is played, then the playback jumps to a position further ahead or behind to play another part, and so on. The periods for both playback time and moving forward/backward are definable in Seek’s preferences.

Loop: This enables the user to choose and play a loop, whose length is again selectable in foo_seek’s preferences. Also, s/he can change the looped part of a track simply by dragging the seekbar. The preferences offer the option to start the loop in the next track either on a fixed point, or from a point where the user has clicked or dropped the seekbar. In the latter case, the user is able to compare the same part of a piece of music between different versions: by simply pressing the Next button, the loop repeats between the same time-points as for the previous track. Last but not least, there is a mode that offers a Repeat A–B functionality.

Downloads, changelogs, and additional information are in grimes’s release topic.

Reply #1
procrastinating

Reply #2
db1989,

your english seems to be much better than mine. 
Just replace my text with your version, everyone who starts reading this thread benefits from that.