Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Questions about AccurateRip when tracks do not exist (yet) in database (Read 6288 times) previous topic - next topic

Questions about AccurateRip when tracks do not exist (yet) in database

so a log like this is maybe too much if i understand right:

(. . .)
Track 1

Filename F:\WAV\01 - Tijuana Dance .wav

Pre-gap length 0:00:02.00

Peak level 99.9 %
Track quality 100.0 %
Test CRC 36495046
Copy CRC 36495046
Track not present in AccurateRip database

Copy OK

Track 2

Filename F:\WAV\02 - Puerto Allegre Jam.wav

Pre-gap length 0:00:00.23

Peak level 99.9 %
Track quality 100.0 %
Test CRC B3E23C75
Copy CRC B3E23C75
Track not present in AccurateRip database

Copy OK

it is right to think that when AR say "Track not present in AccurateRip database" it's in 99% of the cases because the album is very new and maybe no one rip and send the results? In this case how understand if my rip will be good or not?

Reply #1
If you do not get verification from AccurateRip, THEN you fall back to the traditional secure mode or test and copy as the only means you have to get the best possible rip.

Reply #2
so in this case, AR failed (but why he failed?? Because of people that didn't rip the same cd so the database is empty??) and i must rerip my disc in secure mode and / or test&copy?

Reply #3
AR didn’t fail; and yes, it’s because that track was not submitted by anyone before yourself.

Why would you re-rip using test and copy when it’s abundantly clear from your log that you were already using that mode and that it obtained identical results (read: CRCs) from both rips?

Reply #4
The question is not for this rip but just to' understand the method i must follow in the future :-) if nobody has rip the same cd AR failed and it's ok but also stupid no? So with all the new albums it's obviously clesr that Aar will always fail

Reply #5
I seem to recall spoon saying that the AccurateRip database is only updated periodically (monthly?) with new submissions, so if you are in the habit of buying a CD the day it is released and then ripping it, then yes it probably won't be in the database.

OTOH, somebody has to be the first to submit their results. Are you submitting your results promptly so that others can benefit?

Reply #6
for example now that i'm at home, before rip my cd, i would like to know the AR log to decide after if i must do a secure rip or just in burst mode but how?? i think i can't do this with XLD (i'm on my mac now)...

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Reply #7
I recommend always doing one rip in burst mode. If you get confirmation from AR then you are done.

If not then a second burst mode rip will give you two checksums to compare. If they match then you are done.

If they do not match then and only then do you resort to secure mode.

Or you could simply rip with dBpoweramp and all of the above takes place automatically.

Reply #8
i'm on a mac so i use XLD and watching this screen, trying to rip in burst mode it's ok like this?

Reply #9
I split this from yonatan’s thread because it’s barely related; please see TOS #5.

Reply #10
Or you could simply rip with dBpoweramp and all of the above takes place automatically.

dbpweramp, at least, tells you before you rip whether accurate rip data is available for that CD.

Reply #11
Replying to one of the original points:

Test and copy in secure mode doesn't really buy you anything unless C2 pointers are being used.  Considering that CRCs can match and the copy can still be in error, doubling the ripping time and wear and tear on your drive is a complete waste of time.  The track quality figure is probably a better (but still grossly lacking) means to identify potential problems, except that EAC will periodically conduct a seemingly unnecessary set of re-reads that the very end of a track, dropping the quality by one or a few tenths of a percent depending on the length of the track.

Reply #12
dbpweramp, at least, tells you before you rip whether accurate rip data is available for that CD.

How is this different from EAC?

Reply #13

How is this different from EAC?

One difference is I couldn't say whether EAC does that.

The OP seems to indicate that his program, XLD, does not tell him before ripping whether AR data is available for that CD.

Reply #15
If Accuraterip data is available then the Accuraterip icon is displayed in the lower right corner of the EAC main window.

Reply #16
...and XLD will display "AccurateRip: YES" in the lower left corner of the window that pops up when you insert a CD.
"Not sure what the question is, but the answer is probably no."

Reply #17
I split this from yonatan’s thread because it’s barely related; please see TOS #5

good, thanks so so much!

Or you could simply rip with dBpoweramp and all of the above takes place automatically

i'm on a Macbook so i can't use EAC or DBpoweramp but just XLD!

The OP seems to indicate that his program, XLD, does not tell him before ripping whether AR data is available for that CD.

that's right  but wait -->

...and XLD will display "AccurateRip: YES" in the lower left corner of the window that pops up when you insert a CD.

soooo yes, i saw this label in the lower left corner and what's about? If I see YES i can quietly rip my cds without test and copy them?

Reply #18
A match in the AR DB would allow you increased confidence that your rip is accurate, having matched that of someone else. The higher the confidence number (i.e. how many users obtained the same CRC), the more optimistic you can be.